Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't decide which laser

USAbro

How could I modify it in the future.

It really is a price debate. Not to be rude, but I would like to go with laserbtb 1w, because all the cool features, but it is $113 shipped with the discount (6%), but on the other hand, Sci-Fi lasers has an awesome price, but on another hand, I could get the 750mw Laserbtb.

So you guys are saying the 750mw laserbtb will still pop balloons from a distance, light matches the hard way, cut tape, burn a hole in cd cases etc?

Regarding Sci-Fi 445nm lasers, the 1W version is a M140 build with 3 element lens, the 1.3-1.8W is probably the exact same build and same driver current but with a G2 or similar lens, BUT the 2 - 2.4W is the bigger 9mm diode with a G2 lens NOT the M140 diode pushed hard! You could touch base with eitan to confirm but that is basically what i read on his website,
If you have a spare Single element G2, G1, S2 lens around you could buy the 1W version from Sci-Fi then install your own single element lens to get possibly 1.3-1.8W
I have quoted myself haha....
Something along these lines would explain your "modification in the future"

if u focus correct even a 500mW laser will burn and pop balloons from distance.

USAbro

Okay so I think I'm getting the 1 watt from laserbtb. But my dad who knows nothing about lasers, says "I wouldn't get one from China." Do you think I will have problems and how long does shipping take usually to the states from Laserbtb? Also will it get through customs? It's FDA approved at least that's what it says.o

Okay so I think I'm getting the 1 watt from laserbtb. But my dad who knows nothing about lasers, says "I wouldn't get one from China." Do you think I will have problems and how long does shipping take usually to the states from Laserbtb? Also will it get through customs? It's FDA approved at least that's what it says.o

It should get to you just fine. My laserbtb pen I ordered months ago had no trouble clearing customs and got to me in 5 days with the "AirMail" option!! Pretty good considering it said it would take weeks on the website :)

Do consider I'm on the West Coast so give or take a few days to you on the East Coast.

-Alex

USAbro

Haha it's amazing the messages on this forum get here that fast!

Okay, I'll be buying it soon. Thanks for everyone who helped me decide. Even if it's the 750mw I buy I'll like it. And for those who helped me in the PM's.

And I guess Laserbtb has a variance cause all their lasers comply.

Last edited:

Davidx

You could order something from WL. By the time you receive it, you could use your social security check to buy something else. ;)

I'm a big fan of Sci-Fi. Great bang for the buck.

I've gotten a dozen or more lasers since I signed up on this forum, and in my opinion it'd be better to spring for a little extra cash for a decent laser. I love laserbtb personally. PL hosts are great in my opinion.