Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CANCELED FEELER: XPL Lasers (LPF 15% discount instead)

Sta

For the record here, how should we get in contact with him?

On the aliexpress page (linked to on the first page of this thread) there is a "Contact Us" link. :)

Last edited:

Razako

So is anyone actually ordering one of their 1W+ 532 nm units? I'd love to see a review of one. Not quite sure I wanna buy one until more is known about them.

Last edited:

Sta

So is anyone actually ordering one of their 1W+ 532 nm units? I'd love to see a review of one. Not quite sure I wanna buy one until more is known about them.

I'm most likely going to purchase one of them once the new hosts are available. :beer:

Sta

I would totally be in for a RB 100mW if you want to put me in under that Sta! :beer:

Cole, unfortunately the GB was canceled. However there is now an LPF 15% discount, just use the "Contact Us" link before you make your purchase. :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
How many companies offer discounts to LPF members exactly? It is a very generous offer on their part.

I'm currently at work now so cannot explain as much as I would like.

Edit: I will upload a video later today showing the driver and it's movement.

Anyways I have ordered and received the 1W from XPL. And yes there was some issues. First off they did a terrible packaging the laser. I will get into that more with pictures later today.

Second, the push button switch immediately started to get stuck. I looked down the battery chamber and noticed that while pressing the button the driver would move with a tolerance of about 1/4". I asked about why the driver is moving and should it be that way from factory. The answer I got back was that there must have been something happened during shipping and would like me to send the laser back for repair.

Apparently on the 1w version they do not support the driver thus giving it room to breathe, also move.

Edit: Third: And this could be a pet peeve of mine, but the focus knob, that I believe was added to their non-focusing hosts for 1w+, has ALOT of play, just simply twisting the laser quickly will cause a noticeable lens adjustment that was not intended. I have only about 3 min of use so far so I haven't really been able to give everything a good look.

I'm sorry but I will add more at lunch time. Also the 1w I received mode hops like crazy, definitely NOT tem00

Edit: Good with the bad: Damn is this thing bright!! The picture has a eb@y cheapo along with the 1w lasing except the camera couldn't pick it up. Besides the driver and focus knob issue, the host is very sturdy and rigid. I did a 20second run last night and the host just barely started to get warm to the touch

Attachments

• IMG_20160707_112104.jpg
    IMG_20160707_112104.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Reactions: Sta

diachi

I'm currently at work now so cannot explain as much as I would like.

Anyways I have ordered and received the 1W from XPL. And yes there was some issues. First off they did a terrible packaging the laser. I will get into that more with pictures later today.

Second, the push button switch immediately started to get stuck. I looked down the battery chamber and noticed that while pressing the button the driver would move with a tolerance of about 1/4". I asked about why the driver is moving and should it be that way from factory. The answer I got back was that there must have been something happened during shipping and would like me to send the laser back for repair.

Apparently on the 1w version they do not support the driver thus giving it room to move.

I'm sorry but I will add more at lunch time. Also the 1w I received mode hops like crazy, definitely NOT tem00

Not sounding good so far :(

Although - the mode hopping was to be expected! :whistle: Looking forward to an update! :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the poor video, it was hard to keep my phone steady. Also i apologize about my dog panting in the background, she loves lasers.

https://youtu.be/1Sqi4BSmgZw

https://youtu.be/QR7tH2gP1nc

Edit: the package was loosely wrapped with (1) large sheet of bubble wrap folded over itself. It wouldn't have been a problem if the laser was shipped in a box but unfortunately XPL used a DHL plastic bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20160707_191725.jpg
    IMG_20160707_191725.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Sta

Hey Cali, you can alleviate that shaking of the focusing lens if you wrap a good bit of Teflon tape around it. It worked wonders for my XPL 635nm 600mW, you can find it on Amazon for a couple bucks. :)

Last edited:

Sta

XPL says they can make 473nm lasers in the 500mW 532nm host (the one that resembles the DL Spartan.) However, as with the 2W 532nm, they are produced only once the orders are made. :)
Here are the prices:
5-10mW: $240.00
30mW: $360.00
100mW: $750.00
200mW: $1100.00
250mW: $1300.00

Sta

Update!
Peng is going to Shenzhen today to adjust and finalize the driver of the new host. It should be ready within weeks!

Sta

Good news! Or, at least news. :)
Peng is back from Shenzhen.
He confirmed that LiFePO4 batteries are the best choice for the new host.
They must be able to deliver 7A (holy current!). 3.7V li-ion batteries can be used but I wouldn't recommend doing it. Though Peng confirmed it's NOT dangerous, you'll risk overheating the driver and stressing the battery.
So here are the batteries I'm purchasing: 10pcs A12318650 APR18650M1A 3 3V 1100mAh 30A High Power LiFePO4 Battery Cell | eBay
And a test/review thereof: Test of A123 18650 1100mAh (Yellow)
You'll want a specialized LiFePO4 charger too, I am using the Xtar VP2.

Last edited: