Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CANCELED FEELER: XPL Lasers (LPF 15% discount instead)

Encap

Re: FEELER: XPL Lasers (RG:Y, RB:M, high-power 532s, etc)

Yep - it's something that needs clarified.

Just because you can get 2W out of some crystals doesn't mean they can actually survive the required input power for any length of time (which would explain the lack of warranty there if this is the case). Also possible that the pump diodes are being severely over driven to reduce costs - which would again explain the lack of a warranty on the "diode"... Generally these things are covered under warranty - diodes/crystals are actually really quite reliable when run at spec with proper electronics driving them and proper cooling/mounting - as long as you aren't going around dropping the laser...

Imagine you bought a 2W labby from Viasho and they told you that if the diode breaks during the warranty period that you are SoL? Of course that product would be way more expensive, but the point stands. It'd be like buying a new vehicle that doesn't have the power-train covered under warranty...

May all very well be entirely legit (and I hope it is!) - but it's best to proceed with caution before dropping so much money on what is basically, at the moment, an unknown.

Excellent points---proceed with caution until all the details both positive and negative, of these units become known. Important things like what the warranty actually covers, continous wave or fast pulsed wave output, and especially Duty Cycle are important questions that need answers.

It's the low prices that no other company even come close to that causes concern the case being usually if it is too good to be true it usually is. 500mW@ $107, 700m @$223, 1W@$243, and 1.5W @$325 even lower with LPF discount, seems incredibly low compared to any other laser maker's offerings that causes some concern. Example: I would not want a 1.5W 532nm with 10 to 20 second on duty cycle at any price.

I guess, what is it that XPL 532nm lasers are not and don't do compared to other lasers available is more the question.

As you say, it may well be entirely all be legit ( hope that it is)

Right now all we have to go on is Sta's 500mW 532nm review wherein the peak output power was good/overspec but stable output was TEM02, not TEM00 as stated in the specs so....??

Last edited:

Sta

Correction! I spoke once again with DongXi Peng, who informed me that the new host WILL work with standard 3.7v Li-ion 18650s. However, they will create slightly more heat on the driver than LiFePO4. Still good news. :beer:

Update: Peng will replace any broken diode within 3 months (for LPF members). Any other damage he can fix for 1 year. :D

Update 2: Peng told me that in 22°C ambient temperature the 1W+ 532s can run 150s/60s. In 31°C ambient it must run 30s/180s. So these lasers seem to like it cool.

Last edited:

Well for the 300$ Ill be the guinea pig on the 1.5W 532 nm and put it through some testing. Maybe a could borrow somebodies flir phone camera attachment and get a real thorough review of it. My best 532nm just hits 800mW. Twice that power is pretty exciting. Those 1.5's hit close to 1.8-2. W

Well for the 300$ Ill be the guinea pig on the 1.5W 532 nm and put it through some testing. Maybe a could borrow somebodies flir phone camera attachment and get a real thorough review of it. My best 532nm just hits 800mW. Twice that power is pretty exciting. Those 1.5's hit close to 1.8-2. W

I have a Nikon (pos) that pics up IR really well. I used it to take this pic of the output of a striped 532nm. It puts out 336mw. I think most cameras will do it.

Ed.

Last edited:

Perhaps if XPL can manage to make true 1.5W 532 lasers that will help reduce prices around the market from other manufacturers. I mean, for $300 that by far beats JetLasers prices which are already pretty good!

:)
-Alex

Sta

Sta or anyone?
What's up with the XPL web site?
Looks like all the high power green lasers and much of everything else has been taken down/off the site:

JiangXi Simple & Honest Technology Co.,Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling pointer green,pointer knob,pointer c and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

That's just a bug, happens once in a while. They are still up on xpl.en.alibaba.com. I will contact Peng. :)

those of you interested in the RG lasers, im posting a feeler thread to see if anyone would be interested in a RG:yellow laser that uses 520nm single mode green, and 635nm single mode red diodes, for a better beam quality (otherwise, the 532nm beam will look like it is encased in red light, but if they are both diodes the beams will match better).

Sta

those of you interested in the RG lasers, im posting a feeler thread to see if anyone would be interested in a RG:yellow laser that uses 520nm single mode green, and 635nm single mode red diodes, for a better beam quality (otherwise, the 532nm beam will look like it is encased in red light, but if they are both diodes the beams will match better).

Which company is the source of these lasers?

I thought that XPL didn't have any 520nm diodes.

i would purchase them, and have them sent to XPL where they would build the lasers. the shipping for diode source is free, so no aditional charge there.

Re: CANCELED FEELER: XPL Lasers

thanks again for all your hard work Sta getting us an LPF discount.

Sta

Unfortunately, Aliexpress does not have the function for a permanent discount code. So just contact Peng if you want the 15% LPF discount. You can also pay by PayPal. :beer:

Unfortunately, Aliexpress does not have the function for a permanent discount code. So just contact Peng if you want the 15% LPF discount. You can also pay by PayPal. :beer:

Thanks for getting us that discount!