Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Canadian laser ban? will it happen?

I was wondering now that lasers are being banned everywhere if Canada has any any plans to ban them. i have qiute a bit off money on me and if they plan on banning them i want to make sure i order a X-125 and a 200mw dilda befor they do.

I have not personally spoken to Canada ;D but I don't think they will just invent a ban anytime soon. The laser bans in the US and Australia have been on the books for a long time, they are just now beginning to enforce the rules! :'(

YESJust by looking at the title i thought they were for sure going to be banned.

They wont ban them.. and even if they do they would just have to follow some regulations like having a key, dongle, etc.

artix

I love the laser freedom we have in Canada!

But there are always people who want to ruin it by shining their laser at planes and helicopters. :'(

whats the point of having a laser pointer if ur not going to do that (excluding the aircrafts i would never shine it on anything in the air)