Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can window dislodged, should/can I decan it?

This happened during the removal of the heatsink of the SF-AW210 blu-ray diode. I guess I twisted it too much, but I don't really see how I can get it out without a twisting motion. Actually heard the thing crack/pop loose.

Anyway, I can try to see if it works as-is but it doesnt seem like a good idea to leave the little window rattling around, possibly blocking light. But Im almost positive if I try to remove this can with a pliers I'm gonna squish the sensitive stuff in there. What do I do?

You do need to remove the loose window either by breaking it up and
making it fall out the hole or you will have to decan the diode.
And don't use plyers you will smash the goodies inside.
if you can not decan it your self send it to me and I will do it for you.
PM me if you like.

Last edited:
I think I killed it.

I had set it to 170mA while I had the driver connected to my power supply at 6.5V and I forgot to change it to 8.4V. Then hooked it up to 8.4V battery and it shined for about 1/4 second, then nothing. It's all my fault though. That thing was bright!! so was the LOC red that came out of the same sled, it's quite an economical sled, the sf-aw210.

At this point my one remaining good diode is the phr 803t. It's kind of like a blacklight laser. There's a lot of really neat fluorescent effects with a lot of plastics. But I have a green which was supposed to be 5mw which does shine brighter. I doubt it's only 5mw though.