Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone just clear this up for me!

What Watt 808 is in a 1W CNI labby (green)... (Generally)

CNI won't disclose it to me... they would rather me have them send the laser for repair at a price of 735$ which is more than it cost I think.

I've given them all the details / serials and they still won't tell me.

I wouldn't even mind if they gave me a price just to buy the right power of diode off them..

I've asked many times in other threads but noones responded.

!!!! :eg:

And I've asked you many times what current it runs at. Why have you started a new thread? What's wrong with your other one?

I don't have the multimeter with me it's at work.. I haven't been able to do it recently at work because I've been very busy.

Edit: It's not mine sorry* It's works... I can't bring it home.

I'm not about to buy one because I can't afford it.. I was hoping to save up enough to buy the diode, replace it.. get it working.. then sell it..

Last edited:
Multimeters are real cheap, and you don't need an expensive one to do what you need it for.

So you can't afford a $10 multimeter that is crucial in aiding you with your repairs, but you can afford a $100 diode?...

Answer my questions in the other thread before we start jumping to conclusions, please.

at 1W of 532nm out it will have between a 3W and 5W pump. But assuming your pump diode is the problem.. 'fixing' DPSS lasers and having them be up to spec isn't generally as simple just slapping in a new pump and it working. The vast majority of CNI's $735 charge is for labor to replace the pump and realign the whole system to get it back up to specs.

If just selling the laser is your goal. You'd probably be best off selling it as is, because it's highly possible to actually make it worth even less by messing with them without knowing exactly what your doing.

*edit*.. Nevermind. I see from the other thread the crystal set has already been removed.. All I can say now.. good luck there buddy.

Last edited:
at 1W of 532nm out it will have between a 3W and 5W pump. But assuming your pump diode is the problem.. 'fixing' DPSS lasers and having them be up to spec isn't generally as simple just slapping in a new pump and it working. The vast majority of CNI's $735 charge is for labor to replace the pump and realign the whole system to get it back up to specs.

If just selling the laser is your goal. You'd probably be best off selling it as is, because it's highly possible to actually make it worth even less by messing with them without knowing exactly what your doing.

*edit*.. Nevermind. I see from the other thread the crystal set has already been removed.. All I can say now.. good luck there buddy.

No need to patronise now is there...

It's difficult but not impossible to realign... I'm sure samsFAQs can help...

If I'm able to do it once.. then I've learnt a skill..

It didn't cost me that much either....

Besides.. I haven't removed the crystal's from their copper housing.. I just removed the copper housing as one with the crystals still inside it.

All the Lens and crystal set holders have an imprint of where they were set originally so all I need to do is adjust it within those parameters..