Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can it be done? Olight PL-mini to 532nm laser

First, if this is posted in the wrong section, I apologize.

I am looking to see if it is possible to convert an olight PL-Mini Valkyrie into a green laser. I like the form factor but the light output is not what I would like and think it would be cool to convert it to a green laser. Is this something that could be done?

The light:

GSS

I guess you could as many of the host's we have now are flashlight based.
How easy is another question and could it take the shock of the gun recoil??
There's always a way but i'm sure you will need some custom machined pieces, more than just a heatsink.
If it's just a fun project you want to do I get it, but i'm sure it's cheaper to buy one already made..

Sumfinclever

I have one thought that you may wish to take into consideration. Instead of 532nm DPSS maybe consider an equivalent powered direct green diode. Since direct diodes don't utilize gain medium, IR filter etc, they will generally be shorter in length. For lower power (<150mw) check out the Osram PL520(B) or PLP520 diodes, combined with a tiny driver such as one of the Flexdrives.

The other benefit of a direct-diode laser is the reduction in parts that can go out of alignment etc. A 532nm DPSS laser may not be as tolerant to the forces involved with firing a gun. Probably not an issue if it's for an airsoft gun, but for an actual handgun - you may have a longevity problem if you intend to fire it a lot with the laser attached...