Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anyone record something for me? BBC One

Hi there everyone!
Christmas is approaching, and so is the Christmas Special of Doctor Who, "Voyage of the Damned", on BBC One!
Now since I sit in Germany, I can't watch it because I am out of range of the BBC satellite projection.

So I was wondering whether any of you UK people could record this and get it to me somehow!
I'd be really thankful for that and would't mind giving some coins for that (for any inconveniences caused).
Is there anyone who can help me with that?

Alternatively, are there ways to watch a BBC stream off the internet? Is it necessary to use a UK proxy for that and if yes, is that possible?

there is a few applications for pc where you can watch bbc and other channels for free you need a 50kbps or over internet speed i cant remember the name of the program but there is a few (sorry im useless)

I'll post your some rapidshare links (you can download for free) where you download each 100MB chunk of the .rar file, then unzip to get the complete .avi!

@ reaper: Sounds nice, but do you know where to find such programs?

@ lorgar: nice! I'll see if it will work!

@danielbriggs: that would sure be nice, too!

mh, torrent kinda sucks right now as it's not properly configured and is really slow, so a rapidshare link (or the like) would be really neat.

Lorgar

I got it in about a hour through the torrent I would have uploaded it but that would have taken 6-8 hours with my ISP
7meg download 128 at best upload

well, I was away at my brother's family, and while I was there the torrent finished, and I was able to enjoy it today *sigh*
ah, thanks everyone!

Now gotta figure out how to watch the Season 4 (or 31 if you wish) as "live" as possible :)

edit: there appears to be a bbc web player (iplayer) that premiered two days ago, but it works only inside the UK...anyone know of a good UK proxy?
I mean, I'm not trying to get BBC without paying any fees, it's just...there is no other way!

Lorgar

Dr who newsgroup and torrent usualy have the latest episode about 2 hours after its aired

If you want to record anything, use Audacity. Its a free audio editing and recording program thats really easy to use and has tons of other features.

Uhm, nope.
First of all, I can't receive BBC. That excludes the use of Audacity.
Second, I am looking (or was) for a video file. Kinda sucks to have only audio there.
Now I know that there are Dr. Who radio shows out there, but I am not yet into them.

And finally, I prefer mp3 directcut, simply because I am used to it. Know Audacity's good, but that's just my personal preference.

But it was a good input of yours, should anybody reading this be on the lookout for a good recording program.