Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

can anyone please go over my 445nm 1W wiring guide

Jmax

Ah! For sure I'll make sure not to do that anymore! Thanks a bunch!

Helios

Your on a good track then for this forum. Those who go against the grain get burned pretty quick here. Follow the rules, respect the advice, contribute to the knowledge and all will be good.

Jmax

Sounds easy I can stick to those rules! Again thank you bro! One more question how many 18650 liion cells should I use? 1 or 2?

Last edited:
most lasers use only 1
you will need a MEGA HUGE host to fit 2
and you will probably fry something using the driver/wiring configuration you have right now
better stick with one for now ;)

Jmax

Yeah those batteries are huge! I'll try one cell even though it puts out only 3.7V.. Im going to get the 3800 mah 18650cells. Those should last alot longer than these lame aaa cells

Helios

Yeah those batteries are huge! I'll try one cell even though it puts out only 3.7V.. Im going to get the 3800 mah 18650cells. Those should last alot longer than these lame aaa cells

They will not be 3800mAh just so you know. Only true sony sonyo panasonic etc cells are rated realistically. If its an ultra_____ its over rated. But any of them will get the job done really.

Battery selection depends on what kind of driver you want to use. For a microflex or microboost you will just want 1 18650 but if its a linear driver you will need more voltage so you will want 2 18650 or more realistically 2 rcr123a cells.

Jmax

Ahh! I see! U make the darkness so bright Helios! I was about to buy ultra____ batteries too .. Is my aixiz 1W driver a linear driver?

Helios

Ahh! I see! U make the darkness so bright Helios! I was about to buy ultra____ batteries too .. Is my aixiz 1W driver a linear driver?

I am not familiar with that driver so I am unsure. You can usually tell by the input voltage requirements. If the input voltage requirement it low like 1.5-4.2V then is usually a boost driver (boosts voltage) if the input requirement is high like 5-12V then you know its a linear driver (dissipates extra voltage as heat).

What I meant to write earlier was _____fire batteries to reference ultrafire, uniquefire, spyderfire, trustfire, etc etc there are a million cheap chinese manufacturers out there that always rate their batteries high than their actual capacity. However they are not useless batteries. I have some ultrafires and trustfires and they work fine and are cheap but I prefer my sonys, panasonics and LGs.

Jmax

Oh ok so I got a boost driver cuz it's 3.7-4.2V.. I'll go with the more powerful cells.. Those AAA's I used are already dead:/ again you have been more than helpful bro! One day I'll be knowledgable enough to help others as you have helped me! Again really appreciate it let me know if I can assist u in whatever u need!!!!!

Helios

Oh ok so I got a boost driver cuz it's 3.7-4.2V.. I'll go with the more powerful cells.. Those AAA's I used are already dead:/ again you have been more than helpful bro! One day I'll be knowledgable enough to help others as you have helped me! Again really appreciate it let me know if I can assist u in whatever u need!!!!!

Well the grass in the backyard is getting kind of tall....haha kidding

You will look back in laughter when you see how nice it is to work with a decent Li-ion and you will never touch AAAs again. If you notice almost NO ONE uses alkalines here. There are also lots of li-ion sizes to choose from 18650 10440 14500 16340 just to name a popular few. The battery, diode, host, driver combinations are limitless so stock up on some good cells.

Heres a recent build of mine using 10440s if your interested
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/pocket-12x-my-own-collection-full-build-pics-65355.html

Jmax

Ha funny I work at a golf course and actually mow alot but in a huge toro 580D. Lol
Yeah liion I hear are way better. I checked out your pocket sized module w the jib driver! Its Super tiny! I'm all about pocket sized too can't wait to make more projects! Your the best!