Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anyone in the UK lend me an LPM for a few days ?

diachi

Hello!

I need a favor if anyone could PLEASE help me , is there any chance that someone in the UK could lend me a thermal headed LPM with a max power of =>1W? I only need it for a few days till I test a laser. Looking for something that is calibrated. I won't need it for another 12-17 days or so. I'll cover shipping both ways ( should be about £7-10 insured each way).

If anyone can help me out I'll be VERY grateful, and I'll try my best to give you something in return for your help (even if it's only £10 for a crate of beer !
tongue.gif
) and of course I will recommend you to other members.
cool.gif
drinking-39.gif
lwarn.gif

Many regards,

Adam

I can send you my LBI, but i'm not sure if it is working right - I have a 6x at 170mA with an aixiz 405nm lense and it says 140mW.

diachi

I can send you my LBI, but i'm not sure if it is working right - I have a 6x at 170mA with an aixiz 405nm lense and it says 140mW.

What should a 6X at that current make with that lens ? It would be great if I could use it. But we need to establish if it's needing calibrated or not first.

I think like 160mW, but if you have a stable laser that you know the power, you can check it when you receive it if you want it.

diachi

I think like 160mW, but if you have a stable laser that you know the power, you can check it when you receive it if you want it.

Well I have this HeCd that should do 34mW after warm up , if I can actually get it running for 20 minutes without *something* going arse up.

Needs a cadmium remelt, need to check the relays and transistors as something is on the way out, and I need to find out why the lid causes the helium heater to turn on. But yes, that should do 34mW stable.

If you send me that it'll be good, even if it's out by 20mW, it still gives me a rough estimate of what power I'm getting.

If I test it to be out of calibration then I'll send it back and you can talk with Jerry about getting it calibrated.

As I said, I don't need it for another 12-17 days or so anyway,

Regards,

Adam