Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can anybody build me a 15mw 635nm pointer?

ktroy

Looking for a 635nm single mode (nice round dot) pointer around 10-15mw. I am reading that the diodes are available but I have no knowledge to build it into a laser pointer myself. Would anybody care to enlighten me on the work involved to create such a pointer, and how much they would like to get in compensation for the work?

It doesn't have to be single mode, that would just be a bonus. Thanks!

Blord

I have a Sanyo 40mW 635nm diode. It has a very nice round dot. The laser can be set at 15mW without problem.

Just out of curiosity, why 15mW's?

I see that you are a new member, do you have laser safety glasses?
Would this be your first laser?

If this is your first laser over 5mW +1 Rep for not jumping straight to a 1W+ laser :wave:

It's far too common for a newbies first post to be "WTB a 1Watt Laser" :twak:

kudos to you for taking baby steps.

Last edited:

ktroy

Thanks Polonium!

I've been using laser pointers for 10 years or so now, but most all at 5mw. Started with Atlasnova red 635, then onto a leadlight 5mw 532, then an el cheapo amazon 405 bluray at unknown mw, I'm scared most of the bluray, cause I have no way to measure the power or IR, plus it's brighter than my 635 by a small margin.. so I am guessing it's around 10-15mw.

I have zero interest in anything over 15mw... I respect the power of these lasers and don't want any part of that kind of power for someone to pick up and "misuse".

Blord, I'm interested in your diode. :) How much work is it to use that in a pointer at 15mw?

Thanks Polonium!

I've been using laser pointers for 10 years or so now, but most all at 5mw. Started with Atlasnova red 635, then onto a leadlight 5mw 532, then an el cheapo amazon 405 bluray at unknown mw, I'm scared most of the bluray, cause I have no way to measure the power or IR, plus it's brighter than my 635 by a small margin.. so I am guessing it's around 10-15mw.

I have zero interest in anything over 15mw... I respect the power of these lasers and don't want any part of that kind of power for someone to pick up and "misuse".

405nm is on the opposite side of the spectrum from IR so there is no worry of IR in your 405.

You have to be more cautious of cheep 532nm as they can emmit IR making the laser a bit more dangerous than the sticker indicates. Also most cheep 532's meter well over sticker spec.

Even though your staying bellow 15mw get safety goggles for the spectrums you own.

+1:D

Looking for a 635nm single mode (nice round dot) pointer around 10-15mw. I am reading that the diodes are available but I have no knowledge to build it into a laser pointer myself. Would anybody care to enlighten me on the work involved to create such a pointer, and how much they would like to get in compensation for the work?

It doesn't have to be single mode, that would just be a bonus. Thanks!

Just a word of caution. Asking someone outright to build you a laser outputing more than 5mw might get that person into legal trouble. You never know if someone with authority might just want to make an example of that person. It is against federal law if you reside within the USA. So my suggestion is be a lot more circumspect in your request. However, asking for help to build it yourself is aok.

Last edited:

ktroy

I understand, my mistake. Thanks for the heads up! You may delete this post if you like. :)