Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Calling out to Indian users here, if any

ithehappy

Hey fellas, how are you all?

I just got interested in this hobby after seeing some youtube videos of people using lasers to do different stuffs like pointing at sky, engraving on wood/metal/cardboard etc. I would like to start with a decent quality pointer, mainly will be used for engraving on cardboards, also to burn off some dry leaves in my garden. I understand two things after a bit of research- i) that green coloured lasers are most visible/powerful, and ii) Sanwu is a company making good quality lasers.

Now here is the problem. I am located in India. I tried contacting them on their whatsapp but got no reply so far. Probably they won't ship here, even if they do probably customs will not clear it and all that nonsense. Then I tried checking Amazon and Flipkart, and all the generic chinese ones available there are basically 5 mw, which is way less powerful for anything really. So question is, is there any good quality laser pointers available in India? Preferably around 100 mw or 200 mw? Or is there anyone who has Sanwu products and want to offload it maybe, or suggest if there's a chance to import it somehow?

This is why I registered, to ask this. I have failed to find a good quality product, hence this thread. Indians, if any, here please advise.

PS: As a new member if I have broken some rules or something, you can take action, no problem.

julianthedragon

Welcome. Yes greens are more visible than other wavelengths when other variables are held constant, but your assumption about power isn't correct. Visibility yes, power no. Also make sure you invest in some good safety glasses for the wavelength of whatever you purchase. Check here: https://www.laserglow.com/product/byproduct/Laser-Safety-Goggles/ . You need to protect your eyes if you plan on purchasing a burning laser. Contacting Sanwu by email is a good idea, though I have heard they are going through difficulties right now related to effects of the pandemic in China. Good luck with your lasing

Sanwu is located in Shanghai, which has been facing some very extreme covid lockdowns for more than three weeks.

Best of luck!

ithehappy

Welcome. Yes greens are more visible than other wavelengths when other variables are held constant, but your assumption about power isn't correct. Visibility yes, power no. Also make sure you invest in some good safety glasses for the wavelength of whatever you purchase. Check here: You need to protect your eyes if you plan on purchasing a burning laser. Contacting Sanwu by email is a good idea, though I have heard they are going through difficulties right now related to effects of the pandemic in China. Good luck with your lasing
Thank you for this link. I had no idea that a safety goggle would cost three times or more than the laser itself. I stand corrected. I had ordered a 100 mW off Amazon which is class 3B (well at least reportedly) and I thought a cheap safety goggle would do the job. But nope, not trying stuffs my precious eyes, so cancelled the order. This is not something I can afford (I mean the goggles) Lol.