Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

C6 Button clicky help

hello! no capitals.

i bought a c6 host, and also some blue button tail cap things.

a have several other generic ebay lasers that have easily replaceable tail cap buttons. all i had to do was use a spanner wrench to screw out the retaining ring, and the button was exposed.

i dont see the same option in the c6 host, although i have seen some people online that have a c6 with orange buttons, or whatever colors. how is this done?

i ordered the host from survival lasers, and i ordered with it a replacement clicky switch.

but the switch that is already set into the host is not even the same switch. they dont seem to be analogous to each other. the replacement switch seems a lot better quality that whats in there at the moment, but i cant get the original one out.

and i would really like to replace the button with a blue one.

thanks if you have any experience you could share! thanks.

I have a c6 host as well, and it looks like you can just pull the rubber button out without taking apart the laser. I havent tried it myself though.

Edit: whoops sorry dont do that my bad.

Last edited:

Blord

I have a c6 host as well, and it looks like you can just pull the rubber button out without taking apart the laser. I havent tried it myself though.

Don't do that. You will never put it back in that way.
The inner part is just screwed in. You need a fine tipped tweezers to get a grip on the two small holes in the retainer ring and screw it out. Then everything will fall out.

I tried that, i think the design may have changed?

Does it in your experience, have a plastic retaining ring??

also, is the clicky button itself integrated within the ring that screws out?

all of my other lasers have an integrated switch that just screws out, made of metal, probably aluminium.

the extra switch i ordered from survival lasers is metal, and of this integral design. The swtich native to the host i ordered has a plastic retaining ring, and has a small recess in the middle to keep a small cliclky switch, which only stays there because the plastic ring sits on top of it.

I will post some pictures

I apologize, for some reason, in the process of me taking pictures, I was able to remove the entire swtich apparatus.

for some reason, before, only the very center of the switch mecahnism was unscrewing, not eposing the button part..

thanks!!

Although, the replacement clickly i bought is more void of plastic components. do you think it is worth replacing to?

Last edited:

Blord

I don't know if the C6 tailcap has been changed in design. Pictures would clarify much.
First you want the silicone button replaced but now you want to replace the whole switch ?
There is another black plastic retainer ring on the switch. Maybe it has come loose and make the connection erratic.
Most problems with the C6 can be fixed by tightened up everything. A broken switch is very rare and I have seen/made alot of C6 lasers.

At first i just wanted to replace the silicon button.

what was happening was that only some plastic portion of the switch was unscrewing, eventually the whole apparatus was able to be removed.

The replacement switch i purchased seems to be of much better quality that what comes in the host.
The switch in the host is primarily made up of some white plastic, surrounded by what appears to be aluminium.

the replacement seems to be as you describe, black, mostly.

Thanks for your help! I got the button out.