Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying my first laser - 400$

E

Elanes

Hi! :)
I'm looking to buy my first green laser, and i have about 400$ to spend. I would want one that can be used for both pointing and burning. I've heard many good things about the x150 from novalasers, but i want to know if there are any other good options. Where will i find a laser that gives me the most bang for the buck? I know there are people who sell their own DIY's on this forum, but most of them are red lasers i believe.. I'm also open to the idea of GB's, but i'm not sure how much money there is to save on this?

Also, I live in Norway, so the company would need to ship internationally.
Any help is greatly appreciated :) Thx alot!

diachi

Go with nova I think, you could get one of their alpha series, which is probably great for you.

The X150 would be a good laser, although I think an X100 would fit your needs at a much better price. I've owned both an X100 equivalent and an X150 equivalent and there is basically no brightness difference between the two. The X150 does burn things a little faster than the X100 but in my opinion it is not worth an extra $200. With the extra $200 you save you buy and 100mW violet laser, a 200mW red laser, and still have some money left over. I'm not saying the X150 is a bad laser, it is great and if you have the money go ahead an buy it.

diachi

Ill have to agree with styropyro on this one, that would be an insane combo 200mW red 100mW BR and 100mW green would just be so fun !

No one cares about safety....

Buy good quality safety googles first, then buy the laser.

diachi

Yeah but id rather have my sight and goggles with no laser, than no sight no goggles and a laser that you cant see cause your blind.

Diachi

ixfd64

Diachi said:
Yeah but id rather have my sight and goggles with no laser, than no sight no goggles and a laser that you cant see cause your blind.

Diachi

LOL, good point. :p

bhig3

Diachi said:

Diachi
No sense of adventure?

Just kidding. I'm looking to buy some goggles but I don't know what I need to be buying. Am I just trying to get IR goggles? or do I need a specific type for my greenie?

edit: sorry for the derail

buy the goggles they sell on nova get a x-125 with a case and the optic thing the screws on the front.(i have all that and love it). :-X

rathat

I just bought an X100 from them with a lens thingy for it, seemed like the best deal i could find.