Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying from China? Better read this!

Several weeks ago I purchased several Greenie Modules and I waited and waited and even waited some more. Well they never arrived so I lodged a Paypal dispute and received a refund the next day. Then the company contacts me and tells me that the items had been returned to them? Yeah OK. Then yesterday this was posted on Ebay.

***Updated: Changes to China mail regulations may cause delayed shipments ***

15 May 2014 | 04:40PM EST

As a result of new regulations announced by the Civil Aviation Administration of China, the shipment of all items through Shanghai airport may be delayed due to additional screening. If you purchased an item from a seller in China who ships through Shanghai, please allow extra time for delivery - at least a week more than the seller's stated delivery time.

In addition, items containing certain regulated materials are being returned to sellers and will not be delivered. These items may include liquid beauty products (such as fragrances, colognes, lotions, and toner) and items containing flammable liquids (such as lighters).

If you purchased such an item from a seller in China who ships through Shanghai and don't receive your item after waiting an additional week, please contact your seller. If your item was returned to the seller, you should receive a refund. If you encounter any issues, please contact eBay through the Resolution Center. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

The eBay Team

Now even though this does not describe any electrical items here I am going to assume for the Time being that China is upping its internal Security threat due to a few recent Terrorist attacks in the country so they may be being overcautious at this time. Many of the companies that forum members buy from are in China so be aware of delays and even to the possibility that some items may be returned to sender. I am also missing some hosts from DX. :cryyy:

Last edited:

I've never bought something from China, but I was planing to get a few hosts from DX. Now I think I better buy from jayrob:D

Yes Jayrob is good and he is a forum member. Not saying that you won't get your delivery from DX, even at the best of times deliveries are put on a slow boat from China now they might be sending it via Canoe! My hosts were ordered over 6 weeks ago and I received one part of the package 10 days ago but there are still 2 parts coming ……..I hope!

This is not really new, happend long ago when they stopped ship lithium batteries and other stuff and they xray scan all packs now from china i hear.

Last edited:
Yes Jayrob is good and he is a forum member. Not saying that you won't get your delivery from DX, even at the best of times deliveries are put on a slow boat from China now they might be sending it via Canoe! My hosts were ordered over 6 weeks ago and I received one part of the package 10 days ago but there are still 2 parts coming ……..I hope!

My point was: I live in Iasi (September-June) and in Tg. Ocna (July-August) and I don't know how much the delivery takes + one week for processing the order. That means I don't know in which part of the year to order. This is annoying.

If your'e looking to order from Jayrob I would allow up to 3 weeks. If you are going to order from DX I am guessing you can easily double that at this time, 6 to 7 weeks!

Last edited: