Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buy, Sell, & Trade area Suggestions

I think sub forums would be useful.

I.e. A sub forums for; whole lasers, kits, hosts, drivers and such. Would probably tidy it up a bit and make finding sellers of items easier and quicker. Possibly a Wanted area too.

Seen it done on other forums, makes everything a lot easier, I can provide examples.

Just an idea, I know it's unlikely to be put into operation but I do think it would be useful.

Last edited:

Fenzir

I won't be too harsh because you're new, but in the "Laser Pro Shop" section, people sell kits, drivers, hosts and various other items related to lasers. The BST section is more or less for completed lasers, or perhaps broken ones that someone might want to fix. And the search feature is sufficient as is, but not perfect.

ARG

I think the BST section is fine as is. It's easy enough for me to find everything I need.

Well perhaps joining them together would work.

Also, I'd call you pretty new, too. So feel free to be as "harsh" as you like.

ARG

Joining them together? what purpose would that serve? :thinking:

Last edited:

Fenzir

I meant as in you're here for probably your first week as a member. if you lurk around here, you get to learn some of the history this place has established. If you looked around before joining, you probably have a good idea about what I'm talking about .:)

As far as the divisions, they are not strict, but to avoid having to scroll through 2 pages to find a deal on a complete laser you might be interested in, (you don't even need to know what you're looking for), they divided it into Buy/sell/trade and Laser pro shop. Laser pro shop has all the things you need to build a laser, some accessories, glasses and what not. While But/sell/trade is more focused on complete lasers, while still open to accessories and such.

If Somebody makes a thread about hosts in the B/S/T section, it's acceptable but would probably get more attention in the Pro shop section.

Last edited:
If Somebody makes a thread about hosts in the B/S/T section, it's acceptable but would probably get more attention in the Pro shop section.

The Pro Shop is An elite Buy, Sell, & Trade section for laser / laser pointer experts. New threads require approval of community and/or administrator.

Breaking it down to hosts, drivers, kits, and completed lasers would only make it harder to see whats available.
My self and many others are here every day. I can glance at the B/S/T and Pro Section. To immediately see what new items or services are being offered for the day.

Once you have been here for a while sorting through the different items being sold gets much easier.

Last edited: