Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Button won't press

Just got my new DX 50mw in the mail, and I can't even try it out. I had it on for a minute, but now the button will not press down. Its as if its stuck up. Is this something I can fix by taking the cap off and working with it? If so, whats the best way to get the cap off, it seems to be stuck on there pretty good. Thanks.

S

SenKat

You have to have the button facing down, and pull the head off of it. you should then be able to fixit - OR you could contact DX and aske for another one ?

I've emailed DX to see what would be involved in that, I'm sure sending this back to Hong Kong won't be cheap. So the cap just pulls off? Its not screwed on?

Be very careful at that too... I twisted the diode leads off taking mine out trying to fix a loose button :(

Just being careful, I pulled the little foam ring out from the battery spring, and the button was missing the switch on the board. just needed popped back up and now its a little loose, but otherwise working fine. No need to take it apart, and now I can finally play with it. I'll post some pics and what not as soon as I get a chance.

S

SenKat

NICE ! I love it when you don't have to put forth tooooo much effort to fix something like that !