Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Business Idea - Kinda like how Dell build your computer

I have an IDEA!
You know how back in the 90s and early 2000s all computers are sold in a prepackaged box with fixed hardware that the manufacture think the customers will like after doing extensive market research?

In comes Dell who allows the user to design their own computer online and choose their components and things were never the same again.

This made me think...
Why don't we have a shop that mirror Dell's practice?

bright.png

We already have DTR selling all the goody goody gumdrops.
Why not have someone partner with DTR and form a laser manufacturing company that allows user to choose their own diode , their own driver , their own host and colors, their own shipping method , their own lens , the lot!

This is a business goldmine waiting to be digged I tell you.
Someone need to enterprise on this.
I know we already have custom builders on LPF ...but we need to organize it.... enterprise on the moment that everyone else is shutting up shop .

Last edited:

Rifter

Isn't there already a bunch of builders here that essentially already do this?

Isn't there already a bunch of builders here that essentially already do this?

yeah but they are individual builders tho.. not an organized company under the same flag.

I'm talking organized , franchised and complete supply chain from the factory to the user's home....well maybe not franchised but why hasn't anyone hopped on this ?
I browsed around and I see the laser industry pretty much still on the later 90s computer business model.

Last edited:

glcon

When you speak about being a organized company. It should be registered, have certifications from FDA, ISO standards, pay taxes, employ people, Do the Auditing, Patent your stuff, Copyrights and many more shit like these.

And when any govt feels it's time for you shut the shop and pass some not so laser-friendly laws, you must abide them.

By far, Independent builders are more successful and yeah, independent of all laws.

When you speak about being a organized company. It should be registered, have certifications from FDA, ISO standards, pay taxes, employ people, Do the Auditing, Patent your stuff, Copyrights and many more shit like these.

And when any govt feels it's time for you shut the shop and pass some not so laser-friendly laws, you must abide them.

By far, Independent builders are more successful and yeah, independent of all laws.

Simple man modular it and design it yourself . There really isn't a law against the shipping of electronic equipment so as long as its not a completely assembled laser.

Modularize it , package it , send it.

What and loose the "Personal" Service like we already get from DTR and others? You can pretty well much find that kind of service from some of the individuals here already and you don't just become an order number. Thee are many larger companies catering for the masses that want factory produced lasers but you are limited to a small selection of hosts. For those that are really keen on a custom host and diode then the usually build their own!

You can try and set something up like the company you suggest but apart from finding it time consuming sourcing everything the way the customer wants it I thing you may also have a limited number of customers.

I guess you came here looking for feedback and I am not trying to be negative just realistic.

Well I offer personalised Kryton Grooves...Almost there eh?;) :beer: