Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Burning radioshack greenie

JSP4th

hey ive always been told that you cant mod a 50.00 radioshack green pointer and have it do anything it doesn't already do...well thats wrong! my first laser was one BC it was cheap and i could get it asap. i didn't want to pot mod it cauz of course i didn't want to risk breaking it but when i got a couple more greenies before the new law for USA went in to effect i said screw it and it was worth it. so heres the mod. i drilled a 1/4" hole directly oppisite to the push switch which let me get to the potimiter on the board..then i put brand new en. Ult. Li batts in the pointer took a small screwdriver into the hole and while pushing the button down turned the pot counterclockwise untull the dot was very low and kept going untill ireached almost no resistance (light gets lower and all of a sudden it jumps and gets super bright) i then took apart i lens from a telescope (or what ever you can find laying around) and glued it to a cap from a chapstick tube which i made a hole in the top end. this makes a perfect fit on the business end of the laser. well i fired it up and hit a match a few inches away and what do you know it lit right up. also ive popped ballons and etch dark plastic...and my wallet. if anybody has one of these pointers i say do it ive used my laser alot and no harm has come to it...the only downside is it eats up batts and there like 3 bucks each. Lazer. any ? feel free to post or msg me...... I'm back baby!

daguin

overkill said:
hey whats the new law here that went into effect?

Same old law, just enforced by the FDA by forcing PayPal to force DX and KD from selling lasers that were already illegal to import.

Peace,
dave