Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

burning pixels

IIGuns

Would this strength laser pointer Green Dot---Output Power: 200Mw
Wavelength: 532±10nm -- Damage a TV Screen or Computer Screen, LCD Or Plasma
if kept 3ft or more away??? If so what would be safe output, wavelength? that would be totally safe?

Thanks

DrSid

I can burn wood at 3m with my 200mW red .. 1mW would be safe.

Wow .. nice ! Instantly you said ? Would it be possible to paint a picture on the screen ? Somebody else's screen of course .. like your boss .. for example something really rude ..
Just thinking .. :umbrella:

Yeah my buddy wanted to go to best buy and write a couple choice words on some big screen tvs....

I told him I don't think so lol

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
The last reply to this thread was over 6 years ago. Why? And what intentions do you have?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ok then ... Wouldn't it be better to get your electric meter checked and to sort the problem out, rather than unnecessarily burning the display?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Not every solution has to involve lasers, which is why I'm looking for a sensible alternative.
I don't understand the need to burn your meters display.
Is the electric meter owned specifically by you, if not you can't damage it?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Burning your display is easy, but still why would you really want to do it?
Your adamant on destroying the meter for reasons that are silly IMO.
Also shining high power lasers through glass can be dangerous as you get back reflections.
You would need a Class 3b/4 to do the job and this is a danger to your eyesight.

Last edited:

Anupupadhye13

Also shining how power lasers through glass can be dangerous as you get back reflections.
You would need a Class 3b/4 to do the job and this is a danger to your eyesight.
Is there a way to safely do it? What is the approximate cost of such lasers?

Is the meter owned by your electricity supplier? I don't know what the local laws/contract rules are with you - but this might be construed as Meter Tampering leading to theft of Electricity in the UK - which carries a maximum sentence of up to 5 years imprisonment or a £2000 fine.

In my opinion (which I know you didn't ask me for - but for your own damn sake hear me out) - this is a dumb idea that will get you in trouble. It seems a lot more like you want to damage the meter so that it can't be read at all. If you truly wanted to pay for what you used then you'd contact the energy supplier and get the meter replaced.

Also super bad form to show up, not post an introduction and then necro a 7 year old thread.

Anupupadhye13

Is the meter owned by your electricity supplier? I don't know what the local laws/contract rules are with you - but this might be construed as Meter Tampering leading to theft of Electricity in the UK - which carries a maximum sentence of up to 5 years imprisonment or a £2000 fine.

In my opinion (which I know you didn't ask me for - but for your own damn sake hear me out) - this is a dumb idea that will get you in trouble. It seems a lot more like you want to damage the meter so that it can't be read at all. If you truly wanted to pay for what you used then you'd contact the energy supplier and get the meter replaced.

Also super bad form to show up, not post an introduction and then necro a 7 year old thread.
Now that this has become more of a law forum than a technical one, I feel like nabbing u for 5 years for doing so.. Bye n thanks

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Now that this has become more of a law forum than a technical one, I feel like nabbing u for 5 years for doing so.. Bye n thanks
This forum will not endorse any immoral or illegal activity using lasers. I was trying to get through to you without coming across rude and unhelpful. Why do you think I asked
But instead you carried on with your request, and still wanted us to assist you in this activity. We are not a law forum, but we don't assist people who want to break the law. It is as simple as that.

Edit: I wish I quoted each reply as I see they are now deleted. :rolleyes:

Edit 2: Here is the original dialogue for anyone trying to understand what this is about:

What would it take to destroy the display of a device that's in a sealed glass box?
Note- I just want to make the screen unreadable without damaging the glass box (outer box)
The last reply to this thread was over 6 years ago. Why? And what intentions do you have?
Anupupadhye13 said:
I want to screw up the display of electric meter which is showing wrong readings thus charging me more every month
Ok then ... Wouldn't it be better to get your electric meter checked and to sort the problem out, rather than unnecessarily burning the display?
Anupupadhye13 said:
Yes.. But can you answer my question? Pls
Not every solution has to involve lasers, which is why I'm looking for a sensible alternative.
I don't understand the need to burn your meters display.
Anupupadhye13 said:
Yes.. I joined this forum to get some technical knowledge that I don't possess.. Else I don't have anything to do with lasers frankly
Also shining high power lasers through glass can be dangerous as you get back reflections.

Last edited: