Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

built my first DIY OC red but...

daguin

Recommendations:

1)  Replace the 9V battery with two 3V batteries (10440, cr2, cr123, etc.).  Those square 9V batteries do not give sufficient current for these high outputs.

2)  Get a semi-permanent battery connection.  Use or make some sort of battery holder or at least tape the wires to the battery connections with some sort of switch to turn it on and off.  Just "holding" the wires on the connection is NOT good enough.

3)  "Open" the back of the lens nut.  Below is a picture.  This does more than just allow more light through.  At these outputs, the back plastic part can actually be melted enough to foul your diode.

Plasticcutaway.jpg

4) use some kind of heat sink.  After we get this up to power it will overheat quickly

Peace,
dave

AjentX

ok done cutting out the lens but now i have to wait for more funds to get batts :( :-[ (ugh.. this obsession is expensive lol ;D)

AjentX

so i cut the aixiz lens, re-pressed the diode, took the little soft chip thing off of the diode.. hooked it back up and.. same result..

but i was using the same driver/circuit and hooked up a PHR and it burns like a dream ;) lol (still running at 130mA so i didnt leave it hooked up to long) but i put the OC back on it and still no good in the burning aria..