Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build questions for a PHR-805T

Hey LPF, I'm going to be building myself a PHR-805T build.

I'm curious as to people's experience with these diodes and I'm also wondering if anyone knows if they work well with Dr. Lava's Flexdrive V5.

I have another question about the flexdrive and for bandwidth's sake I figure I'll post it in here. I see on the manual's diagrams that there are two setting ranges that result from the same solder bridge. How is that possible?

Thank you in advance!
-Dave

Depending on your battery configuration it can work with a flexdrive V5 yes!

As for the different current ranges, if I recall correctly Dr Lava made a thread here on LPF explaining there was a mix up with the manual. He basically copied and pasted the manual for the flex drive V4 and modified it for the V5.

The 100-312mA setting is correct though... you will not need anything more then ~150ma with the PHR-805 so this setting is ideal.

-Adrian

^^ I'm sorry but don't you mean PHR-803T?
Or am I unaware of a new blu-ray diode?

WHOOOW!!! That's insane! Thanks for showing me this! :wave::wave::wave:

Sorry about the thread jack by the way :eek:

No problem. They're a great deal. I know modwerx and Stonetek have them. I'm not sure who else does though.

But do you have any info on my question?

If not, at least you learned something! :)

No problem. They're a great deal. I know modwerx and Stonetek have them. I'm not sure who else does though.

But do you have any info on my question?

If not, at least you learned something! :)

Well, in regards to your first question, I'm sure the flexdrive can without a doubt handle this diode.
Like bobhaha said, it would depend on your battery configuration.

I am not sure about your second question though, sorry :undecided:

Depending on your battery configuration it can work with a flexdrive V5 yes!

As for the different current ranges, if I recall correctly Dr Lava made a thread here on LPF explaining there was a mix up with the manual. He basically copied and pasted the manual for the flex drive V4 and modified it for the V5.

The 100-312mA setting is correct though... you will not need anything more then ~150ma with the PHR-805 so this setting is ideal.

-Adrian

Thank you very much! This helped a great deal!