Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build: MS-V4 800mW+ 12X BDR S06J - X-Boost Super Mini V7

that 405 beam is outstanding. It must look like it's dancing an inch off the wall! nothing is as pretty as a 405.

Hey sinner, you think if I got a dtr module w attached driver I would be able to slide it in without damage to the driver? About to get my class 4 405 v4 off the ground :)

sinner

Should be fine but you might have to be extra careful with the diode pins.. Wiring the way i did is a bit tricky but atleast you wont risk breaking the diode pins, The driver should be mounted on the heatsink with epoxy so that is another thing to worry about..

I would suggest wiring the whole thing yourself instead of DTR's assembly, tedious work but probably the only way to go!

I used one witha driver soldered to the pins and I would not recommend it. Driver had to be tilted upward to allow components to slide over the shelf. To tilt it upwards requires a slight bend in the pins of the diode. Very risky.

Yeah I already asked dtr if I could get a wired module with the driver set away from the pins by about an inch of 26 gauge then I'll thermal paste it on the the driver plane for maximum hsing.

NKO29

Lol at 480mA i got 270mW from a DTR S06j :( Not happy lol, but i guess there are some... less efficient diodes! :tsk:

sinner

I hate it when that happens, That is why i usually order diodes in pairs or multiple, but I've been lucky so far , Recently had a M140 doing 1.2W at 1.85A , Still in the drawer somewhere untouched and unused.. It just takes away the fun idk if its just me!

I was also wondering what wire you used for the positive contact that came stock with the first batch, and if the metal tail clickies should be attached to the red plastic with thermal compound or something else.

sinner

The red one? It's just a 24AWG Silicone wire, IIRC from ebay.. Metail clicky should be fine with just the standard 2-part epoxy (JB Weld) just fill it with epoxy as it levels with the sides, when it hardens put a dab on the red plastic, Place it gently and let it cure.. :beer:

Hey nice work! You seem to have a very efficient diode. 800 mW at 465 mA is impressive! :wave:

Im going to have to post my MS builds soon!;) Both of them also use Lazeerer's X-boost V7, an exceptional driver with a soft start function which is great for the sensitive 405's! :bowdown:

Keep the builds coming! :beer:

P.S got to spread some blah blah...

Last edited: