Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build 4.8 a with black burck 8

I have a nubm47 diode and a blackbruck8 driver i do not yet know how to make a 4.8 a power line from this driver - can someone help me- can i arbitrarily turn the variable impedance on the driver?

My understanding is very vague and I do not want to act casually-need guidance-thanks

Attachments

• s-l5001.jpg
    s-l5001.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 31

You will need to get or make a dummy load to connect the driver to. Then power it with whatever you will be using and use a multimeter to check the voltage drop across your resistor on your load and adjust the driver that way.

You will need to get or make a dummy load to connect the driver to. Then power it with whatever you will be using and use a multimeter to check the voltage drop across your resistor on your load and adjust the driver that way.

I want to ask is if I adjust the meter on the control panel is there change the output?

I noticed DTR wanted to add another meter to this controller - it was hard to understand

Ricker

Yes, the screw you adjust greatly changes the current on the driver, delivering more or less Amperage to the diode.

You don't have to, no. That's for an external/extra Potentiometer. Someone correct me if wrong. :)

Last edited:
If you get the driver from DTR, he will set the current for you. Problem solved.

Last edited: