Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brightest laser for daytime photography that is safe to not start a fire

laserartfan

I'm trying to photograph a line drawn with a laser during a dark overcast day. My basic understanding is that 555nm is brightest in daylight and 100mw+ is strong enough to start a fire. So, I want something that is less than 100mw. Am I on the right track? Is this simply not possible with this low of wattage? I would ideally want something that I can easily mount to a surface. Can you recommend any online stores to buy this from?

laserartfan

Should mention the distance the laser needs to cover is only about 20 yards.

Sowee7

you can get a lasence 551nm/555nm 25mw modules , they are very bright and have a low beam divergence

Anything over 5mw can cause eye damage so remember there are other safety concerns besides inadvertently burning something with a laser that's not in your immediate control, also you can set up beam stops and use materials in your arrangements to absorb the beams without casting unwanted diffuse reflections.

Brucemir did a lot of fantastic laser art, take a look > https://laserpointerforums.com/search/924765/

Just get a laser line level, they draw a nice bright red line on most surfaces that can be seen during the day and photographed, plus they are relatively inexpensive to buy... ;)