Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bought this off of eBay, what should I expect?

Just tried it after leaving a friend's house at night. You're correct -- it produces a great beam with excellent range. I can see the beam well when it contrasts with the night sky.

Glad to hear it. Even at 5mw, it should be brilliant in the sky, depending on the light pollution in the sky :)

Last edited:

Yea that should be pretty nice beamed out to the horizon.
If you really want to see something cool, you should see a 532nm beam under water. It goes to a whole new level of cool.
There's a group buy going on right now for 100mw 532nm waterproof hosts if you're interested. It ends tomorrow and the lasers are being ordered monday morning. :)
Here's the link ;)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/100mw-waterproof-green-laser-65-gb-3-a-63558.html

Yea that should be pretty nice beamed out to the horizon.
If you really want to see something cool, you should see a 532nm beam under water. It goes to a whole new level of cool.
There's a group buy going on right now for 100mw 532nm waterproof hosts if you're interested. It ends tomorrow and the lasers are being ordered monday morning. :)
Here's the link ;)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/100mw-waterproof-green-laser-65-gb-3-a-63558.html

Unfortunately I don't have cash to throw around right now. Gotta pay bills and am saving up for parts to build a computer. I got this laser because, well, 6 bucks for a toy of this caliber sounded like a pretty good idea.

Completely understandable. I was just making you aware if you were interested in one.
I started out with a cheapie 532nm ebay pointer too, once upon a time. ;) It's still listed in my signature, actually :D

Aout the protection glasses, do they protect against IR too, or only visible light, as the green?