Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BoomDogs x/y Scanner?

Ok, I am gathering parts to build boomdogs x/y scanner (skyfirelasers.com/boomdog/byoshow.php).

I am going to put on a little show when it comes to party's my family hosts. Trouble is if the party is not round my house then I have a problem, I dont want to take my laptop there and the x/y scanner needs a computer to feed the patterns ect.

So I was wondering if there would be some way to perhaps build a memory card into there and get it to randomly select a pattern, or even a card and some switches so I can choose which pattern. Would that be possible?

FokoF

You might as well spend the money on a set of 10k galvos, that way you know it will work. Check andy's site out, good price for what you get. BTW andy how do you hook up a FB3 to those 30k galvos?

Ah excellent! So I can use the software to program it and then unplug it from the computer and it will still have the one I just programmed? If it does that then awesome, just how many programs can it take in its memory?

By the way did those two companies supply all of those parts? I know Maplin will do all the circuits and everything but do they do the boxes ect.?

FokoP said:
You might as well spend the money on a set of 10k galvos, that way you know it will work. Check andy's site out, good price for what you get. BTW andy how do you hook up a FB3 to those 30k galvos?

very true, it cost me £150 to make boomdogs scanner

err with a plug LOL 25pin parallel port

Ah excellent! So I can use the software to program it and then unplug it from the computer and it will still have the one I just programmed? If it does that then awesome, just how many programs can it take in its memory?

By the way did those two companies supply all of those parts? I know Maplin will do all the circuits and everything but do they do the boxes ect.?

it does not hold shows, it holds one long peice of coding.

but i would spend the money else where, if you want to impress people

FokoF

Haha very funny ;D thanks, cant wait to get my set

Got around to looking for parts and supprise supprise half of his links are dead and its incredibly hard to find the parts.

If luck is on my side he will bother replying to my email.

boomdog is the man and very helpful.

but im sure you cant get the galvos anymore

you are much better to buy some 10k scanners

24 hours later, no reply... guess he isnt using his computer over the weekend...

Does anyone know where I can get these parts then?

Dont have to be the exact galvos, its probably the only thing you can be flexible with in that guide.