Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BOBLASER 405nm Modification

Hi guys, we all know that boblaser is not a good place to buy excellent lasers but for the sake of fun and adventure.. i managed to get one 405nm 80mw laser pen from boblaser.. though i got it for free, from them as a gift for ordering tons of lasers for my friends... i was disappointed at the 80mw

here is the picture
20094291014537247.jpg

well presentation wise... boblaser is good in presentation.. yet product quality.. down! -100 percent..

so here is what i did...

i consulted kenom what to do, so we played with it..

first i dismantled it.. using the guide shown here at the forum by daguin who disassembled the same laser (the only diff. is he got a 5mw).

here is the module of the laser..

Photo078.jpg

Photo088.jpg

so showing the pictures to ken we tried to POT MOD it.. something happens it became bright a lil bit.. but still not as i expected... i did not go further,, since i know its a weak 405 nm diode.. so i decided to ask for a PHR 803T (HD) from scopeguy20....

after 35 days.. i got the sleds.. extracted its diodes... and now i begun modifying the said laser..

after 30 minutes... here is the result..

first (@ 120mA it readed 170mW on a coherent laser meter) <--- but we are confused.. why its on 120mA but with that mw.. so we lowered it down to 110mA and we got like 125mW (stable)

maybe the 170mW we got is just a peak one...

anyway... here are some pictures..

there are NO SMOKES or FOGS on my room when we shot the photo..

Photo142.jpg

Photo144.jpg

Now the Burning Test...

this is a leather Slid of my Portable Hard Disk ( our test dummy )

Photo145.jpg

lol look what happened after

Photo146.jpg

now here is the laser with some scratches now due to poeple testing it, me and my firiend and our friends... lol

Photo148.jpg

Photo147.jpg

THIS is my first MODIFICATION and all of this i give the full credits on KENOM the best mentor i got...

i will now try to do DIY's and lets see more...

Thanks LPF.... im learning and learning and learning..

Last edited:

That's a nice laser. BobLasers makes some really nice hosts. Did you meter it before it was modded?

well we did.. sadbly its not 80mw.. its like emmitting 45mw to 50mw

Those are nice pics man hope i have as much luck as you with my 405nm build!