Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bluray beam visibility

First I have got to give a shout out to IgorT.  Igor you have made me a happy man with many play toys and all for next to nothing. I love you man!

I was at a Halloween store a few days ago getting my "Mr. Miagi" mask and black cape together. I bought a can of "black light hairspray". I sprayed some graffiti on my bedroom walls(my laser playroom before my wife and go to sleep) which is visible by bluray but not incandescent. The spray left an aerosol in the air that persisted for about an hour giving the bluray, redray and greenray lasers nice visible beams. I was surprised that the stuff stayed as long as it did floating around the entire volume of air in my 1000sq.ft. house.
Another fun item I dug up. I work as an plastic injection molding tech. I make plastic things. I was running a test with some clear polyurethane, I left the machine backed off for lunch and while I was gone a "furball" of polyurethane drool was waiting for me. When I shine a laser at it the clear strings diffract the light in a very beautiful way. Below is a pic of red, blu and green my wife and I made last night. She was the camera person and I manned the lights!
Oh and IgorT, I LOVE YOU!

Attachments

• DSCF0484_001.JPG
    DSCF0484_001.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 91

I might have to get some of that hairspray for beam visualiser. ;D Nice picture, btw.