Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bluray ant hunt

I have sugar ants that come in the summer time. I can pop about 6 in one minute. When they die they flouresce something blu. I can just disable them with a quick zap and they run around in circles and the rest of the ants get confused. I have noticed that where I zap a bunch of there friends the other ants will not return or so it seems.

i have done that with my dx 200mw red and i get the exact same results where the ant runs around in circles

City folk call them pre-meal eats - hors d'oeuvres

Country folk call them appetizers

I wonder if red cooked ant is better than blue cooked ant....

Mule

Ingredients:
200 mW green laser
Numerous ants
One Hershey choc bar
Cooking ------------------
Melt chocolate until smooth liquid  in double boiler.
Cook numerous ants for about 30 seconds until they are running in circles. *
*Laser power may vary -- Adjust cooking time especially if over 5,000 feet above sea level.
Confine ants with foil and pour chocolate over all and allow to cool.
With chef's knife, cut chocolate into 1" squares.
Enjoy with a cold Reisling wine and toast tips.

I'm also a cook !!!

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
Ingredients:
200 mW green laser
Numerous [highlight]Spiders[/highlight]
One Hershey choc bar
Cooking ------------------
Melt chocolate until smooth liquid  in double boiler.
Cook numerous [highlight]spiders[/highlight] for about 30 seconds until they are running in circles. *
*Laser power may vary -- Adjust cooking time especially if over 5,000 feet above sea level.
Confine [highlight]spiders[/highlight] with foil and pour chocolate over all and allow to cool.
With chef's knife, cut chocolate into 1" squares.
Enjoy with a cold Reisling wine and toast tips.

I'm also a cook !!!

Mike

NO, NO, NO!!! YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!!! there, i fixed it for you, lol

-laserlover

Wow thats pretty sadistic, guys ;D

I have a ton of annoying ants up at my summer house though :mad: , not that bad of an idea, I mean ive probably killed more of them by mistake than I will with the laser. Run around in circles you say?

brtaman

We get flys in my house in the summer, but I cant really swat them at like 12 at night because Ill wake everyone up... So I blind them and then grab them with a tissue :p They usually stop flying when they cant see

spiders are dangerous. what happens is their abdomen (thorax?) will first swell, and then sometimes explode, splattering you with steaming spider goo. at least i recall this happening when i was a kid and went on a spider extermination rampage with a magnifying glass and a lighter (to finish the job if need be). tons of spiders used to live close to a cottage by the lake, where i spent many a summer.

i don't kill bugs anymore.

they fluoresce when you burn them?! creepy. Once i build my 100mw+ bluray (parts in the mail) ill try some exotic hawaiian bugs or something ;D nothing endangered of course, only the pests.