Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bluefan.nl basic LPM

Joe Mo

Hi guys,
I am very new here, as you might notice. I am only a few months into the laser hobby world. So I was looking for a basic entry-level LPM. I got in touch with Johan from Bluefan.nl a couple weeks ago, wondering what the prices were on there basic LPMs. Johan responded very quickly and we started working out a deal. The LPM he made for me was a little different than the ones he usually builds/sells. It still measures from 1mW-2W! though. He had to put a 40mmx40mm surface on mine, in return the price would be cheaper he said. (49 euros) I think it came to 90$ shipped. below is a quote from Johan regarding the large surface.

I also made a measurement of the risetime, it's 24 second 0-90%, actually faster than the 34 sec of a normal basic lpm. The attached measurement was done around 1050mW, I didn't actually check that but it gives an idea of the voltage output of the sensor.

So I got it today and fired it up with a 9v and wow! Much brighter screen than I expected, BRIGHT blue readout. As for the response time, Johan was basically right on the money. I got my laser up to 90%+ within 30 seconds or less. As for the functionality, I don't know much compared to all of you vets, but if I can figure it out, anyone can! I finally have a nice little LPM thats been calibrated, so now I can review some of my lasers! :wave:

Thanks to Bluefan.nl for this LPM! Thumbs up to Johan. and thanks to everyone on this forum for their helpfulness! :thanks:

heres a link to there page and LPMs
Bluefan.nl

The pictures:
532nm: 400mW O-like from Cajunlasers.com (thanks clif)
445nm: Arctic S3 G2 (meh :( )

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

heh, I just thought I would put it here instead, ill delete my old one

Just ask a Mod to Merge the Old one with this one...:D

OR

you could have just linked to the other Thread...

Jerry

Last edited: