Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blue diode on green module.

hi!
i just screwed up my 200mw green laser...
i wonder if i cud replace the burned green laser with a new 200mw blue laser?
by the way... cud any one tell me if this is a good deal? (if not pls send me some good deal sites, and trustable):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-200mW-4...ultDomain_0&hash=item3cc5188b35#ht_2366wt_952

TKS! and sory for my bad english, it is not my language has you see...But i understand everything with some google help...

Last edited:

Blord

No you can't. Green and blue lasers are whole different ballpark. Not only the color is different but the mechanism behind it is different.

More likely a red would work. I haven't ever really thought about it, but the driver is driving an IR diode.

Would it drive an LPC 815 or LPC 826?

Also, in answer to your question about eBay, try http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/

DTR is probably as cheap as it gets, but there are other sellers in the sticky section at the top with great prices and lots of different items and options.

Plus, if you feel like taking the time, you can even learn to build your own lasers and choose from blue, red and blue (and even green on a different level) and choose powers and the looks of your laser. It is actually pretty amazing what you can learn in a few weeks here if you want to learn.

If not, there are great kits and even full lasers for sale there.

Last edited:
No you can't. Green and blue lasers are whole different ballpark. Not only the color is different but the mechanism behind it is different.
:thanks: this was very helpfull! now i know why didn´t work putting the 5mw red laser diode on this green driver...

More likely a red would work. I haven't ever really thought about it, but the driver is driving an IR diode.

Would it drive an LPC 815 or LPC 826?

Also, in answer to your question about eBay, try Buy, Sell, & Trade - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers

DTR is probably as cheap as it gets, but there are other sellers in the sticky section at the top with great prices and lots of different items and options.

Plus, if you feel like taking the time, you can even learn to build your own lasers and choose from blue, red and blue (and even green on a different level) and choose powers and the looks of your laser. It is actually pretty amazing what you can learn in a few weeks here if you want to learn.

If not, there are great kits and even full lasers for sale there.
thanks for everything! and about the red diode, i tryed with a 5mw and it doesn´t work... And about if i whant to learn... hell yes! but it´s dificult for me cus i live in Portugal, shiping are really expansive... and some times i cant even buy some lasers cus according to the rules here the laser power limit here isn´t more than 5mw. one more thing... i´m new at this... can you tell me what is DTR ? is it a laser brand or website? can you tell me more about it? and where can i find a cheap 200mw green diode? thanks...

Varsis

really recommend reading up, you can build a 1000mw 445nm blue diode laser for under 100 if you spend wisely.

jordan

really recommend reading up, you can build a 1000mw 445nm blue diode laser for under 100 if you spend wisely.

is that with a boost driver? it seems silly to not use one.. boost driver $30, 3-element lens $10, diode $45?

is that with a boost driver? it seems silly to not use one.. boost driver $30, 3-element lens $10, diode $45?

You can do a boost driver for way less than that. The Benboost cost about $5 in parts and you can buy them already made for $10-15 shipped.

You'll need a host though, and for it to be any use at all - a decent heat sink. That will add a fair amount to the project.

Still, $100 isn't unreasonable.

You could also buy from Survival Laser for not much more if you aren't ready to build one from scratch.

:beer: