Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray diode on ebay

daguin

The listing is not a mistake. Bidding on it would be a mistake. This is what most people are looking at for these. You just happen to be in a place where the members are willing to do the research and legwork needed to find them at lower costs and then to share those findings with the rest of us. ;D

Say, "Thank You" ;)

Peace,
dave

THANK YOU :) I tell you one thing though no matter how much I love lasers I love my family more and if I spent that kind of money on a diode I wouldn't have one anymore.

So, that's way overpriced then?

What would be a more 'reasonable' price for a 65mW blu-ray diode then?

daguin

Murudai said:

People here are whining because they have to pay $40 for one ! ;D

Of course you have to pull it out of its carrier, but isn't that work worth $230 to you?

Peace,
dave

Murudai said:

I guess what the market will pay, if people will pay that much for a diode it means they have that much to spend so let them spend it.

daguin

thejunkmonger said:
I guess what the market will pay, if people will pay that much for a diode it means they have that much to spend so let them spend it.

The "market" is not very smart. ;) (OK. Ignorance and intelligence are NOT the same thing )

Let's see -- For the $270 that this eBay unit costs, you can get 6 from Senkat next week or 9 from DDL in a couple of weeks. Both of those deals will leave you with some change left over for a soda.

IMHO the benefits of being part of this community far outweigh the occasional problems with it.

Peace,
dave

daguin

thejunkmonger said:
no doubt :) what do you guys think about this as a host for a blu-ray ha i'm hijacking my own thread pffft http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5089

As long as there's room for the driver and at least the head of a module, it would be fine.

I'm looking at an AAA flashlight I have in my drawer. As soon as I can figure out how to put a flexdrive in it, I will have a truly "pocket size" blu-ray.

Peace,
dave

MERC

Daguin I think your confusing these diodes for ps3 diodes, if you have a source for 6 or 9 65mw cw diodes for that price do tell.

Always appreciate your input Dave. I was reading a thread about the model no. SD-S802A x-box or something device that you can harvest a diode out of for $40. However it was a crap shoot if you would get the mwattage your looking for? I'm considering putting together a small workshop capable of making homemade handhelds. $1000-$2000 sound right? With lasercheck and lathe, etc.etc.etc. Still not sure of the right source for harvesting for a prototype "A".