Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blu-ray compact laser pointer for sale

Skram0

member02 said:
the blueray in an axiz type module, with a board inside it, that'll accept various range voltages, that would be nice, how much would you pay? ;)
As much it would cost me to buy the parts and build it myself. :)

Amnizu

How is the collimation on these? I've decided I have to have a blu-ray laser, and it might as well be yours, since it comes in a nice slick case with constant on/off or momentary.

edit: I found on your eBay auction it says they have adjustable lenses, which is really awesome.

Skram0

Amnizu said:
How is the collimation on these?
Yea, the focusing is pretty cool. If you need a micro dot a few inches away just adjust the focus. Or if you need it as small as possible far away just adjust the focus for that. Or just leave it on the far focus and that works for almost all ranges.

Skram0 said:
[quote author=Amnizu link=1198120731/30#33 date=1200703783]How is the collimation on these?
Yea, the focusing is pretty cool. If you need a micro dot a few inches away just adjust the focus. Or if you need it as small as possible far away just adjust the focus for that. Or just leave it on the far focus and that works for almost all ranges.[/quote]

the first parts are focusing, the last part where it works for all ranges is called collimation, or a collimated beam

Collimated light is light whose rays are parallel, thus having a planar wavefront
-- quoted from wikipedia

Flufflesthecat said:
Man, if I wasn't saving up for an RPL-165 I would be all over this...  :(

stick to the pet carriers man, that should save you some money!! ;D ;D ;D what happens if the cat wants to, um, pee? is the carrier washable?

stick to the pet carriers man, that should save you some money!! Grin Grin Grin what happens if the cat wants to, um, pee? is the carrier washable?

It is machine washable. It also has a 6 month warranty. :)

Hey guys, I am new here, I've been looking into what I really want. I looked at this and it looks pretty nice, it's either a violet ray or a green ray for my first laser. I do have a few questions.

Can you use rechargeable 9V batteries? Long term I would see being able to power it from a rechargeable a bit more cost effective.
How visible is it at night??
do you need goggles since it's not that powerful?
When is V3 coming out and what are the plans for V3?
How would this unit compare to the other metal cased box ones I've seen posted here in the Buy n Sell?

Skram0

ellover009 said:
Can you use rechargeable 9V batteries? Long term I would see being able to power it from a rechargeable a bit more cost effective.
How visible is it at night??
do you need goggles since it's not that powerful?
When is V3 coming out and what are the plans for V3?
How would this unit compare to the other metal cased box ones I've seen posted here in the Buy n Sell?
Yea, you can use a rechargeable battery. You'll just need a way to recharge it. You'll also need to make sure the rechargeable is not larger than the regular 9 volt, as some are just a few mm bigger.

The beam is a little difficult seeing due to the color and frequency of the light. But when I get close to the beam sideways, like 2 feet away or so, you can see dust particles blowing through the air into the beam and fluorescing. You can also see it if you look down the beam or looking up the beam as it's pointed at you. It's amazing just how much dust is really floating in the air we breathe. Once the laser hits something that fluoresces then it's very visible even many meters away or the end of a block.

It's probably always a good idea to use goggles when using lasers, but it's up to you. I myself don't, but you'd most likely want to if you're dealing with any laser 50mW or above.

No definite plans for V3 yet. V1 was a laser powered by a 4 pin molex clear box for the computer where the light can refract off the corners if turned around onto itself. Mainly good for showcasing the inside of your modded case. Wasn't really too popular, though.

This unit is smaller and more compact than the metal cased boxed ones. A lot cooler touch and feel as it's textured plastic. And a lower profile appearance with smaller buttons and switches. A professional build quality too, as you see on some units on ebay where they show the inside. I cringe looking at those hack jobs. Looks like someone snapped the circuit board in half with their knee then threw some parts in scattered all over the place. But some say it doesn't matter what's on the inside, just as long as it works. And others really appeal to quality, good craftsmanship, and a well built show piece. Which are you? ;D

i`m going to make a blu-ray and where is the case from. thanks