Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Black Epoxy Filled Axixz Module

tomcat

i got 2 axixz modules and there filled with a very hard tough epoxy.. i managed to get it apart with 2 huge pliars 1 on each half and the pins of the crap diode ripped with a block of epoxy in the shell so i have the front part just fine iv taken out the diodes BUT i would like the back end for suport.. any ideas on how to remove resin epoxy ( tried burning with solderiron just smelt bad and burned a small hole tried burning with laser just same as solder Iron)

chimo

Try boiling. Dip in boiling water - use a dental pick to pick out the softened epoxy. Repeat.

Benm

Many epoxies also dissolve in DCM based paint stripper. Leave it in a jar overnight and it will probably be dissolved.

S

SenKat

Paint strippers MAY have a detrimental effect on the chromed finish.... dunno, has anyone else tried that ?

Heat gun????

lol - after I make a circuit and swapped the diode into the module, I filled my with epoxy to protect it! ;D

chimo

I have used a heat gun as well (when I get impatient :)). While it can be much faster, it's easier to fry the whole assembly.

I have also used a mini-torch (same comments as above).

danielbriggs said:
Heat gun????

lol - after I make a circuit and swapped the diode into the module, I filled my with epoxy to protect it!  ;D

Skram0

How about a drill?

So is AixiZ starting to fill all their modules? That would totally suck.. :mad:

tomcat

BTW the end hole is wider ( about 4mil)... so you cant use it for inserting a new diode good job i have a old style back that i can use to insert my diodes... i think i will get all the rest of mine from dx or another source (senkat)

failing that i will just soak em in some isopropanol overnight then drill em i dont care about it having a dulled tone i only really need the backend it to mount it better in my host