Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Biglasers.com

Encap

Shame on Biglasers.com---and I thought WL was bad/unethical.
They should know better then to misrepresent a product.
They are clearly attempting to suggest it is a WL Arctic with the name Arctic, pictures, and a price $2 less than a real one from WL.

Dispute any payment made and return it all to Biglasers and demand a refund.

The good news is, you can get the same 1W 445nm blue laser including Aluminum box, 5 lenses, batteries, charger and beginners goggles from Laserer.com for approx $205.00
See: RIFLE 445nm V2 - Full 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

In fact you can get a 1.2W version and all the goodies for only $20 more.
See: RIFLE 445nm - Full 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

Good luck in getting a refund.

Last edited:

Shame on Biglasers.com---and I thought WL was bad/unethical.
They should know better then to misrepresent a product.
They are clearly attempting to suggest it is a WL Arctic with the name Arctic, pictures, and a price $2 less than a real one from WL.

Dispute any payment made and return it all to Biglasers and demand a refund.

The good new is you can get the same 1W 445nm blue laser including Aluminum box, 5 lenses, batteries, charger and beginners goggles from Laserer.com for approx $205.00
See: RIFLE 445nm V2 - Full 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

In fact you can get a 1.2W version and all the goodies for only $20 more.
See: RIFLE 445nm - Full 1.2W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

Good luck in getting a refund.

I noticed that afterwards too- but saw it was out of stock as well. I even e-mailed the site. Max, I think it was, replied and said he had no idea when they'd be back in stock. That is, the 1.2. The 1W is in stock as of now it seems.

I did file a dispute so we'll see what happens.

The whole site seems to exist solely to resell the same exact products available elsewhere, at lower prices.

Chances are, even cheaper products are being sold by them as genuine.

Domain registry is by proxy. Smells like a scam through and through.

This company can be reported for any number of violations.

Lase

493nm laser? Strange colour for 493 :na:

All their lasers, pictures and descriptions are directly ripped from CNI, Lazerer and Wicked.

They don't even bother photoshopping out the logos on the e2.

Lase

newts

I got scammed too I guess. I can't reach anyone with email, phone, or chat. I found this site too late...

I ordered the 200mW GX5 "GX5" High Power Green Laser System 200mW - 500mW - BigLasers.com

and after about a month a laser arrived that looked like the one shown in this thread. Maybe no problem as this is the GX model at 300mW and $300 price tag. Includes the case and filter kit. Nice bright laser compared to my 50mW pen pointer but no popping balloons!

So I measured the output and it is only about 70-80 mW.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/lalrqynvde4v3v9/AAAz1_xMeM_Aa-rJbMFTkDrba

AAAz1_xMeM_Aa-rJbMFTkDrba

So I will give them a day to respond and then work on dispute/refund.

Last edited:
Not sure, hard to judge the diameter, and I don't remember the exact length of the cheaper clone, but that's what it looks like to me.

Here are some clones:

DSC00003Custom.jpg

Here's a side by side video of an arctic and a clone:

Take a look at pics in this thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...800mw-lazerer-com-side-side-arctic-65932.html

To me it looks like you might have gotten the clone, and without the top top.

If that's the case, you got scammed out of at least $100.

Then again the clone one is better than the weak Arctic

Securityguy

I wish I had found this forum and specifically this thread earlier. I purchased from BigLasers.com and after waiting 3-ish weeks received a similar-looking but much less expensive product. I have contacted them and am giving them the opportunity to fix the problem before I hit them with a chargeback.

I'm looking for a good quality green laser primarily for pointing indoors (i.e. not burning anything). Can anyone recommend a reputable seller?

Giannis_TDM

I wish I had found this forum and specifically this thread earlier. I purchased from BigLasers.com and after waiting 3-ish weeks received a similar-looking but much less expensive product. I have contacted them and am giving them the opportunity to fix the problem before I hit them with a chargeback.

I'm looking for a good quality green laser primarily for pointing indoors (i.e. not burning anything). Can anyone recommend a reputable seller?
Laserglow sells 5mw green pointers.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter

There's no need to post the same post more than once. Especially when reviving a dead thread. Hope it works out for you

Tullsi Broadway

Just got an 'arctic' from them, but it's not the same host/no branding.

I just emailed them letting them 'know', and am giving them a moment to right their wrong before I file a paypal resolution dispute.

Anyone else have any problems or successes with them?
Oh yeah indeed!
I just received the laser that I bought from them on 4 th of August and it's definitely NOT the laser, I bought!

I bought an astronomy 450 nh violet laser 200 mW for about $80. I got a cheap toy laser that is so weak, I can barely see the beam even at a pitch dark sky!

And the label on the laser even says that it's <5 mW!!!

I sent them a complaint with photos and detailed explanation, claiming my money back and that they pay the return shipment costs, as I am in Europe. They just said, they are sorry and I can get a 50% discount! I told them hell no! The laser is completely useless. I can't see the beam! I can sent it back of course, but they don't want to pay the shipping.

It should be a no brainer. Instead they just argue with me.

So now, I am searching for info on, how to deal with this. In my country there are laws against that kind of fraud. They would have to take everything back with no cost to the customer. How are the rules in the US?

UPDATE!

I just saw, that BigLasers actually refunded me $81. So that's good. But they kept $5 of my payment. Probably shipping cost, which is absolutely not okay. They should return every cost, I've had and just feel lucky, if I don't report them for fraud. But maybe I will just let that go. Don't know. Depends on what they expect me to do with the cheap laser, I received. If they don't pay the return shipment...

Last edited:

Sowee7

Oh yeah indeed!
I just received the laser that I bought from them on 4 th of August and it's definitely NOT the laser, I bought!

I bought an astronomy 450 nh violet laser 200 mW for about $80. I got a cheap toy laser that is so weak, I can barely see the beam even at a pitch dark sky!

And the label on the laser even says that it's <5 mW!!!

I sent them a complaint with photos and detailed explanation, claiming my money back and that they pay the return shipment costs, as I am in Europe. They just said, they are sorry and I can get a 50% discount! I told them hell no! The laser is completely useless. I can't see the beam! I can sent it back of course, but they don't want to pay the shipping.

It should be a no brainer. Instead they just argue with me.

So now, I am searching for info on, how to deal with this. In my country there are laws against that kind of fraud. They would have to take everything back with no cost to the customer. How are the rules in the US?
violet lasers are very dim

Tullsi Broadway

violet lasers are very dim
I know that! That's why I bought a laser with 200 mW. I sought help from their support first and they assured me, this laser could do the job, I was aiming for. It didn't! Not even close!

They advertised the laser as a strong astronomy laser. It's definitely not! The label on it said <5mW, but it's more likely only 0,1mW.

Sowee7

I know that! That's why I bought a laser with 200 mW. I sought help from their support first and they assured me, this laser could do the job, I was aiming for. It didn't! Not even close!

They advertised the laser as a strong astronomy laser. It's definitely not! The label on it said <5mW, but it's more likely only 0,1mW.
can i see a pic of the laser dot? it might be dead or underpowered

BroomRider

Hello!

I sure wish I knew of this LPF prior to my making the following purchase…

I recently bought a BigLasers.com model “Monarch” @ 7.5W 450 nm.

It doesn't seem anywhere near as powerful as other production handheld lasers I've seen on YouTube, & they were all lower rated power than the 7.5W I bought.

I also noted a whole list of discrepancies between what they advertised, & what they delivered to me.

I can go into detail if asked…

The customer service rep I e-mailed back&forth with these issues, sent me a beam expander for free (from EBay, so no idea if it was new or used).

It still hardly performs any better than a mere cheap pocket pointer.

I'm considering asking for a refund, but before I do, is there a way to test the output?

A power meter able to handle that wattage, decent quality, that won't cost me damn near what I paid for that laser?

Good tools are worth the price.

I have meters capable of measuring powers over 8 watts. If you would pay for the shipping I would measure it free of charge for you. That is far cheaper than buying a meter that can measure 20 watts of power which I do have.