Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BEWARE: DEATHANGEL SCAMMED ME!!!!

Y

yew.sir-name

Update:

I've recieved no emails/pms with tracking number since I pmd with my address. I never closed my paypal claim and they sent me an email yesterday

'We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.'

Looking into it I found out that it would cost pretty much more than what I paid for the twinkies and grating just to ship them. You can check for yourself on the usps site, so did he really ship to me losing out on cash on postage, plus having to pay for a box of twinkies out of his own pocket, and give me a grating which he wanted $5 for? I somehow doubt it. He never showed me a receipt of postage either which i asked him to when I opened a paypal dispute, he just escalated it to a claim, which backfired because now he can't use paypal :)

So did he scam me, everything points to yes, did he scam anyone else, I can't comment.

yew.sir-name said:
Update:

I've recieved no emails/pms with tracking number since I pmd with my address. I never closed my paypal claim and they sent me an email yesterday

'We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.'

Looking into it I found out that it would cost pretty much more than what I paid for the twinkies and grating just to ship them. You can check for yourself on the usps site, so did he really ship to me losing out on cash on postage, plus having to pay for a box of twinkies out of his own pocket, and give me a grating which he wanted $5 for? I somehow doubt it. He never showed me a receipt of postage either which i asked him to when I opened a paypal dispute, he just escalated it to a claim, which backfired because now he can't use paypal  :)

So did he scam me, everything points to yes, did he scam anyone else, I can't comment.

i donno, USPS takes a LOOOOONG time, senkat send stuff to me from texas (im in California) and it can take up to a month. to overseas... if it takes up to 30 days for a 1000 mile shipment, Im sure it would take at least a few months for overseas.

when I wanted to send a package to someone in Iran, before 9/11 (FYI, this was somethime in 2000). they said with normal shipping, they would send it overseas by boat, and it could take up to 7 months to deliver... If you didnt tell DA to ship fast, then I would be patient If I were you.

regards,

amk

Y

yew.sir-name

My sentorch took a couple of weeks to get to me overseas. This package was supposedly shipped on the 6th of november, someone elses package was supposed to be shipped at some point but he lied about when he sent it, just read through the posts. I was patient and waited a long time, he escalated it to a claim, and showed no proof of postage, I was patient and willing to wait. If he would have sent the postage proof I would have dropped the dispute. But he had to escalate it and help in no way.

My unregisterd mail from honkong take less time, it's been almost six weeks, usps scrapped international surface shipments a while back, it would have been sent via airmail which should be a month tops. Everything points to me being ripped off. But it's ok, as I've won the paypal claim and the funds have not been recoverd the next step of action is a chargeback (paypal is lame at recovering funds). So the card company will refund me, get the money off paypal and a fraud charge or something will be handed over to paypal. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but all I know is I've not lost out on anything.

Cxrazy

He has my laser still...

And he hasn't bee online since the 10th! He told me he would PM me with a tracking number when he shipped it. He's a scammer. There is no excuse for not shipping it ovet this length of time. He's had my damn laser and I've been waiting on 2 packages from him since early November.

-_- Angry

Yea this is BS you should always pay with credit card because paypal sucks my dad lost out on 400$ through paypal because a guy never shipped his stuff, so now with credit card if someone steals money we call them and they refund it

LarryQ

I just have to chime in here...

Is this thread for real>>>>???

From Twinkies to Chocodiles..TO laser parts and full lasers....

Is this real??

Come on...the guy was a MOD!!!

I don't agree that he was a good fit to be a mod..but that is a side note...there seems to be a TON of Pig Pileing going on!

What is everyone here looking to get?????
I read that he was going to make good...has anyone been satisfied????

What is the real story here??????

LarryQ

lol I too am sure that DS scammed, but if 3 months later, you package arrives, with millions of forwarding stickers on it, you all owe him an apology, I personally would ask for a shitload of european candies, they are ALL good, as long as they are not licorice flavored... LOL

then again, I dont think that that will happen, because I am sure he prolly scammed, one or 2 incidents is okay, but all of these incidents, I dont think so....

and yes this thread is real...

sorry victims, as I said in one of my previos posts, you should all get together and sue him, because he IS in the US, and according to US law, he has committed robbery, and depending on his state it may be grand theft (aka FELONY). In CA, anything over $400 = grand theft. so figure everything out, get together, and kik his scamming ass.

regards,

amk

Cxrazy

for me, I sent him my WL 35mw advanced to trade for a DIY burner, and never received anything.

so ~$120

MORAL OF THE STORY:

If you arent 150% sure of teh seller, go through a trusted middleman.

Cxrazy

thats whats funny, he asked me to go thru a middleman, because HE didn't trust ME.

*paradoxical

Cxrazy, could you please edit that ^
There could be ladies present. And that aside, I'm certain you could find the words to express your sentiment effectively without having to resort to vulgarities.
Thank you very much. ;)

Y

yew.sir-name

Mmmm twinkies and chocodiles.

Like LarryQ said, he was a mod. They're trustworthy to a degree*, he had good feedback and his dealings seemed public, he shipped out a couple of good lasers and people were happy with him, what's not to be sure of or trust.

To sue him would cost more than the $11.50 I spent. Working it out a grating $5, box of twinkies (ten in a box?) $4-5? howmuch is a box of twinkies? and the rest would be postage to the uk $1-2 ish plus 50c for paypal fees? (even though $10 was for the items and postage, $1.50 was paypal fees) Not possible.

If my package turns up with millions of forwarding stickers I'd have no problem with apologising, but I wont hold my breath. I feel sorry for the people who really lost out.

*because they're still people over the internet and have evey possibility to rip you off, not that I'm saying they will or have but it's easy to do so. It's just as risky as ebay.

Gazoo

a_pyro_is said:
Cxrazy, could you please edit that ^
There could be ladies present. And that aside, I'm certain you could find the words to express your sentiment effectively without having to resort to vulgarities.
Thank you very much. ;)

I fully agree...I would like to see this forum stay relatively clean.

S

SenKat

Yew-sir-name......send me your address, I will send you a box of twinkies !

LOL! twinkies are great, im a some what "big" boy that eats twinkies they are great i must say, and from what i hear, they can withstand nuclear radiation so if there is a nuclear fall out near you you will be in luck!