Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Better than a 5mw but can be on for 60sec

I want a laser that is more powerfull than 5mw but at the same time i dont wanna hurt anyone and would like to have it on for more than 60secs a time.

Well, if you're absolutely careful in where it is pointing and stay away from reflective surfaces you could probably point <50mW around without too much danger. Even a double paned window reflection would only reflect 8% back, which is <5mW. Just watch out for direct exposure hazards (mirrors, metal, etc). Only point around >5mW without goggles if you are absolutely certain conditions cannot change rapidly and up the danger factor. That's why we say goggles are neccessary >5mW, because locking down a region for safe lasing is a lot of work.

What is the best place to get a laser? I have looked around and most people have mixed emotions.

The BEST place would be from a shop NOT in asia, which has impeccable staff and thorough return/replacement policies. There's a couple that fit that description but I've had the best satisfaction from LaserGlow, personally. Now, keep in mind you get what you pay for, and LG is NOT cheap. SurvivalLasers is another great shop with top-notch stuff that is run by impeccable staff, but there are no greens or low power lasers available there - not what you're looking for.

If you had to stick to a tighter budget you'd have to compromise in terms of quality, support, or both. Lazerer is cheap and reliable but you won't get instant replies, and there is a substantial wait involved regarding processing time and then shipping time. You get what you pay for still, though, and you aren't usually waiting a very long time and there is pretty good customer support if you are patient.

O-like you get even more of a compromise, it is rare to receive anything sooner than a month in most cases, but there is no hard proof you get exactly what you pay for (it's been a while and they may have implemented the LPM certificates by now, in which case you could believe you're getting what you pay for). Last I heard; Rayfoss and LaserLands have both slacked off in quality and support/service, so I don't recommend them any more. I don't recommend O-like either, personally, but it is still widely recommended. LasersMan is not good for anything other than projectors or lasers so cheap you don't care if they work or not as long as the host isn't banged up ('cause you're mostly interested in the host anyway!). Avoid any bargain shops that sell things other than lasers like DX, Dinodirect, etc. YourLasers is just DX's sub-site and a crap shoot as well.

Last edited:
Try this Max has been very busy lately from his holiday last month so processing times have gone up but he should get back to 3-5 day's processing soon. From my experiences that is a great company. Also read the guide in my sig it will help you find the right laser.

Clif at CajunLasers sells a few 50mW lasers. He gives the best customer support I have seen till this day, and is really a great guy. Shipping is quick and the price is right. What more can I say.

Mike