Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Place to get Goggles for 1W 445nm?

I want goggles that work well enough to keep my eyes protected but that also are inexpensive enough that I can justify buying a few pairs. :thinking:

I want to have a few pairs so I can demonstrate this lasers to others safely.

Where do you suggest purchasing them?

wbayw

Has somebody tested this focalprice googles for 445nm with lpm? I am interested too, becouse I have this, and my 445nm kit is on the way. BTW for 532nm green, this is the best choice in price/value ratio.

ZapU

I just ordered this pair. They are US based and shipped priority mail next day. I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

Not sure about >$10 googles from China

Those Focalprice goggles come up a lot in these threads, some work great having a really high OD for 532nm, others though have been different composition and way different.

They also ship unboxed in soft bubble wrap envelopes and often come broken.

For $7, I'd take a chance on it, but you're gambling on what you'll get.

ZapU

I just ordered this pair. They are US based and shipped priority mail next day. I'll let you know how they are when they arrive.

Update:
New link for the goggles

Got the goggles today.
DSCF1752-1.jpg

They are CE certified 200-540nm OD4+
DSCF1754-1.jpg

I tried shining the Artic through them. When you shine it through the WL
goggles, you can still see a blue line on the other side.
Nothing got through these. I hit them for no more than 5 seconds and accidentally burned spots on them. :banghead:
When you wear the WL goggles, you can still see a blue spot. Through these the spot is yellow.

DSCF1755-1.jpg

For $24.99, free 2 day delivery (at least to Florida), and no tax, these are
a great deal.

Here's the link for Eagle Pair goggle website for additional info.

Last edited:

gillza

Thanks a bunch for the link. I just ordered these.
I previously purchased goggles from focalpoint (about a month ago) and still did not receive them, so these will be a good replacement.

I just bought some cheapies from ebay that are for green and blue. Ill test them and report back.

they were $7 shipped so if they dont work then ill get different ones.

Hey im new too the laser world and was thinking of getting the 1w laser and had a question about the goggles, do they just save you from accidently shining yourself in the eye from a reflection or whatever, or is it actually harmful too look at the dot on a white wall with your bare eye with such a powerful laser?

DrSid

Anything over 200mw is class 4 laser and even the dot is dangerous. So yes, with 1W lasers, you MUST wear goggles all the time.
Goggles are recommended for anything over 5mw though, to prevent damage from accident reflection.
And btw. there is sticky about it here.

Yes I just read through all of that, thanks!

and what about the beam? say if i just pointed too the sky could you do that without goggles?

Last edited:
Anything over 200mw is class 4 laser and even the dot is dangerous. So yes, with 1W lasers, you MUST wear goggles all the time.
Goggles are recommended for anything over 5mw though, to prevent damage from accident reflection.
And btw. there is sticky about it here.

Wrong, anything over 500mw is a Class 4 laser.

But you are quite right, anything over 5mw is it recommended that you use saftey glasses for. At 1W there is no exception, you need them fullstop!

I recommend Laser glow LSG-532-Sport protective eye goggles, they are rated at OD7+ for 190nm - 532nm so can be used for violet, blue and green lasers. They are great and are by far the best goggles you are gonna get for that price to quality ratio.

Also, I would like to mention that if you use the coupon code LPFGOGS you will receive a discount and if you live in north America, use the same code as the fedex code to receive free shipping.