Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best MODS for vaping

ped

Yeah I've had that "head rush" a few times haha. I found the harshness was down to having the mod on too higher wattage. Dropped it down and it was fine after that.

Ped

EDIT , It appears while I was inebriated last Saturday, I ordered the Kanger Subtank Nano, and didn't remember I had the next day. So I ordered the Subtank Mini on Sunday , they both arrived today :crackup:

First impressions are favorable for the Nano , nice taste , decent vape cloud & nice throat hit.

Ped

Last edited:

^^^ :crackup:

I do that with amazon sometimes. Order stuff kind of drunk, forget it, or at least kind of regret it next day, or when it shows up. I upgraded my phone recently that way :p

I do like my subtank mini kit A LOT at this point. Only big question is how fast I'll be running through juice, and how long the coils last.

Not really a fan of the throat hit... zero nic last night was excellent, and today I have a 1.5mg mix in there, so will try it out and see if I like it. Maybe will try it at 3mg, but I now know 6mg is too much for me.

Also keeping wattage on it pretty low, at around 20-30W not higher... tried a couple of puffs at max, but it tasted kind of burned.

Sorry took so long to get back to this. I ended up going with the tesla 200w att temp control, and the Uwell Crown subohm tank. The crown tank is amazing I can go upto 120watts of power with the dual 0.25 ohm coils with no dry hits at all. Vape production is thur the roof.

Thank guys

Vaping is very quickly becoming my new pet hobby.

To date I have the kanger subox mini, 100W iStick, and 160W Smok Cube II, with temp control.

In the tanks department I also picked up an aspire atlantis mega, with .2 and .5 coils, and Arctic tank, and have a smoke TFV4 on the way.

Also ordered a bunch of juice and supplies to make my own.

The 100W iStick is easily the most simple, straightforward, and practical mod. Uses batteries in parallel so it also provides very decent run time.

The Smok Cube is the mod with all the bells and whistles one could think of. Mine had two minor issues out of the box, pushbar would get stuck in one corner, quarter of a twist in the top screws took care of that. The battery door also has a tiny gap... I decided neither issue is worth the hassle of sending it back, since there is no guarantee a replacement would be problem free.

Overall it's fantastic mod, does everything a vape could. On the heavier side due to the steel casing, but built as a premium piece. I don't myself buying another mod after the iStick and Smok Cube for a looong time. Most of the time I vape at around 40W so both mods are more than enough for my needs.

Regarding the tanks, I love the Arctic, with a .2ohm coil, and 40-50W it produces great clouds, and provides excellent flavor. Far superior to either the Aspire Mega, or the Kanger Mini tanks. The only issue with the arctic is it's kind of a pain to refill due to very narrow slows where juice can be poured in. Airflow in it is quite good, and they have a tip that can also adjusted to permit for some air to be taken in with the vape... produces an excellent effect... My favorite tank by far.

The Aspire Mega is not a tank I would suggest to anyone. It has excellent airflow - basically like breathing in unimpeded by anything, but that's about it.

Despite being 5ml, the tank burns through juice incredibly fast, and not proportioned well, sticking out on the sides over all mods. They really could have expanded the capacity to 7 or 10ml... instead as one review put it, you have hummer with a two gallon gas tank.

It also does a piss poor just of conveying taste, compared to the other two tanks I own so far.

Still waiting on the TFV4... hope to have it later this week. The Uwell Crown is the only one that I'm kind of interested in at this point. I'm just not quite sure I need it, and want to hold off until I try the TFV4. The Arctic is basically doing everything I could as of a tank already, and paired with the Smok Cube the ONLY improvement I'd want is the ability to refill from the top.

ped

I have an Aspire mega sat on my desk, I used it once and tasted horrible.
I'm currently using a Subtank Mini & Nano, their ok.

Oddly enough, the mod I get the BEST flavour off is my iTaste mini with Innokin iClear 30 atomizer. What ever you smell from the bottle, you taste on the vape, its really good.

I'm using T-Juice Red Astaire which is known to have a really strong taste, but I don't get much of it from my Subtank mini & nano.

I'll try it with .2 coils, but after that I think I'll probably retire the tank. That there is so much variability in taste from tanks is pretty surprising, given their pretty simple mechanics.

I'm a fan of the sweeter flavors but I like to mix in more tart juices for a bit more complexity. Not really committed to any one kind of juice at this point.

I have an Aspire mega sat on my desk, I used it once and tasted horrible.

Very thoroughly washed out my Aspire Mega, put in a fresh .2 coil, primed poured in new liquid, let it sit for ~5 minutes, took a few puffs without power, and breathed into it... and voila!

While it still doesn't compete on flavor with my Arctic, it's not a very tolerable, and tasty vape.

Though I do have to also run it at ~60W, otherwise it's kind of flavorless. Once I use up the .2 coil, I'll go back and try the .5 coils again.

ped

So it needs kicking with 60W ? My mod only goes up to 30 :crackup: , I'll have a look around.

Out of interest, do you "mouth to lung" or direct lung hit?

Ped

The TFV4 .15 quad coil is perfect at 90-100W imo. Went up to 135W with it, but it was too warm of a vape for me at that point. These new tanks and coils really need the power.

I'm definitely in the direct lung hit camp :p My tolerance to nicotine starts at zero, and goes up to 3mg depending on whether I'm drinking but under 1mg for the most part.

ped

Ah, I'm a MTL hitter , that's probably why the mega tastes horrible.

tonez

I recommend the Sigelei 75 watt box with your choice of sub ohm tank or RDA. It has temp control which is great if you wanna get the best flavor out of your liquids. I use to use the unregulated pen mods, but they aren't the best if you want control and taste.

75W is not really cutting it with the newer sub ohm coils. .15ohm quad coils for example, are perfect at ~90W.

Haven't tried TC coils yet, but I have four to use with the uWell Crown... using the .25 non tc coils for the moment.

The Vaporshark DNA200 is very tempting, but built in battery (replaceable, but not something you can swap out easily) and the price are holding me back.

For the moment the Smok CubeII is by go to mod. Haven't seen anything yet, that is drastically better.

tonez

I find that a bit overkill, but it's all preference. Most of the people I run into don't vape over 75w unless your a cloud chaser or want to compete in the Olympics lol.

On the note the Sigelei 150w is a beast and only $20 more than the 75w Sigelei.

I vape at around 40-65w with a duel coil setup at around .15 ohm give or take and love the flavor with my Sigelei and Royal Hunter RDA. Quad coil is definitely for cloud chasers.

For flavor I actually find myself going back to the horizon arctic tank, with .25 dual turbo coils. It's imho pretty much perfect at just ~50W.

In terms of overkill though, the Uwell Crown surprised me BIG TIME last night. With .15 dual coil it easily went up to a comfortable vape at 150W :eek:

Flavor wise, it's just not there at under 100W.

tonez

Well that's very good to hear, I just ordered the horizon arctic clone for $11 on Dhgate. I'm glad you say it has great flavor because I was just taking a guess with this one.

Also that's very interesting to know you got a comfortable vape at 150w with that setup. I guess it all depends on how you have things setup and what your after. To me it trial and error to get what you like. It's kinda fun ;)