Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best lens for Blu-Ray?

as far as removing AR from acrylic lenses, just search google for "remove ar coating" and there are a tun of products for it. They don't work on glass, cause most of the products will dissolve glass. But, they're products designed to remove the coating from glasses.

IgorT, when I tried to unscrew the locking ring, it actually stripped the slot right out of it. By that time I was frustrated, and clipped the locking ring out with a pair of small snippers. I wanted to see the extent of the AR coating inside, but effectively ruined my chances of reusing the assembly, so now I am down to 2.

I have a couple of collimating lenses around my work area, I think I have a glass one as well, if the lens appears clear, does this mean it is not coated or not necessarily?

Thanks
brtaman

Glaserfan said:
Ok.. The Aixiz glass lens is OUT for BluRay:(.. I sacrificed one of mine(disassembling proved to kill it), and found 3 lenses inside. ALL THREE have coating on BOTH sides..the same blue-reflecting coating.. it is no wonder they cause such a drop in power. There is most likely no practical way to remove the coating from all three of these lenses without destroying the whole assembly.

I was online thru yahoo with jake21, and his tests resulted in a 8mw(62 to70) gain by just changing to the Aixiz acrylic lens.

I hated killing the lens to get it apart, but it was only a $3 sacrifice at least :-/

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5914 ;)

Hello, We are supply the XBOX 360 HD-DVD laser PHR-803T sleds and other Game accessories and laser lens. your need any product, please contact us. thank you!
Web: www.laser-jp.com :)