Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Laser For Long Range Leveling System

Hello All! (new user)

I need to construct a laser based leveling system. The beam must produce a small dot ( max 7.0 mm / min 1.0 mm) at 150 meters. A well shaped circular spot with sharply defined edged is a plus. This laser will be used with the Pacific Sensor QP50-6-18u-SD2 position sensor (sensitivity range 400 nm - 1100 nm, peak sensitivity at 900nm) I'm guessing (you guys are the experts) that some type of lens colliminator will be required...

Thanks For Reading!

Cheers

Bill

P.S. Forgot to mention, minimum spot size sensor will accept is 1.0mm

Last edited:

Cel

Most people here are just hobbyists, I dont think they'll be able to recommend you a laser for this kind of use... I might be wrong though :p
Grtz NMF

You are probably wrong....

Anyway, maybe from laserglow or a custom from CNI, but i don't think so (how about focusing it, or having a gas one?)
That precision would require a lot of money

You are probably wrong....

Anyway, maybe from laserglow or a custom from CNI, but i don't think so (how about focusing it, or having a gas one?)
That precision would require a lot of money

exactly my thoughts so informing at a company selling specialized equipment for this stuff would probably be your best shot :p
:)

Grtz

Here at Laserglow we can set you up with something like that, no problem. Link below!