Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laptop under $800

Re: My computer is dying... :(

All the HPs I've seen with all my friends have crapped out within 2 years of ownership. So I've seen that HP actually has great customer support, but for what you're looking for- I would recommend just going to dell's website for a desktop computer. Anymore, the things that Dell has been putting out has been pretty rock solid from my understanding. The only thing that you could do better with, is with a custom built system... or a mac for the quality hardware.

mfo

WRONG! My computer's motherboard is fried, from over-usage. (from what the guy from geek-squad told me, and my computer is so old, it's not even worth paying to get it fixed, so he said he would give it a few months before it being completely useless. I am looking for a bit of everything, I am a gamer, and would love a computer that could handle.. Sims 3? My computer is incapable of doing the simplest tasks. It has a 512mb RAM and a 80GB hard drive.. The average laptop is about 2 times that. lol. I might get a laptop instead of a desktop, but I am up for any suggestion's from people on here. :yh:

Don't believe a word geek squad tells you. They are all full of shit and are ridiculously over priced.

SpecV

Your motherboard is dieing and has 3 months to live :crackup:. I would expect a so called "tech" at Best Buy to say something so stupid. The power supply died on my laptop and those dummies told me it was my battery, useless. Like the others have said you need more than $600 and you need faster internet. I went with a friend to Best Buy to get a laptop and the "tech" said that the Intel i3 cpu just came out this year :crackup:

ARG

800$, that's a little more to work with. I would get a Dell inspiron 15R for that price range.

• 2.9GHz i5
  • 4GB Ram
  • 640gb 5400 RPM HD
  • Radeon 6470M (Comes with Intel graphics, upgrade this to radeon)

720$

Get a second opinion though, I only know desktops. I don't know as much about laptops.