Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Handheld Burning Laser to Buy

august9

I am very new to the forums so i apologize for newbie question . What is the best burning laser I can buy? Rick Trent said he would recommend a 3.5W blue laser. He also has 7.5 to 8W as well.

Thank you.

What do you need to burn? Do you realize how dangerous even a 200mW (0.2W) laser is and the proper safety procedures to take? These lasers can blind you for the rest of your life faster than you can blink if your careless.

august9

Yes I understand. I have owned 7W+ lasers in the past and I was very careful to not injure myself or others.

Durge

If you've owned 7W+ lasers in the past, you're going to be asked where you purchased them, what happened to them, and why you don't simply purchase them from the same place again.

There is a search function in the top right corner of the site. Having read the stickied threads, you'd know of this search function, and you'd know that many threads exist already asking the exact same question that you've mentioned above. Asking "where to buy a burning laser" is a quick way to be banned from the site, as the members here don't take fondly to trolls and children. My recommendation is showing a little respect for the forum by taking the time to thoroughly read all of the rules and the stickied threads, as well as acquainting yourself with the search function.

As a final note, it looks like you already possess the Sanwu Striker(Spiker?) 7W. You aren't going to find very many purchasable "handheld" lasers of far greater output power than 7W. The open can diode of the Nubm41 is inferior to something like Nubm44, but mostly for longevities sake and not so much output power. I saw a member selling a handheld laser array that crudely focused the beams of 8 or so diodes into one spot. Each diode was probably 2W each, averaging 16W in the single spot where the light converged. The device was crude, appeared about the size of a crossbow, and one of the diodes had already died as of the time the listing was posted. It was going for around $700 on ebay, but definately not something I think I'd recommend, just because of how crude it was and the fact that the beams were only alligned in one point, instead of all the beams being culminated properly into infinity.

Last edited: