Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Flashlight Housing for DVD Burner Laser

Daedal

I was actually in WalMart earlier and passed by the flashlights and they had the last Dorcy mini. I bought it ad it actually has a very nice setup for the circuit. What I hate about it is that it is not very well made for laser diodes. It has some current regulation, but it has no voltage step-up. The diode that is in there runs on as low as 0.8 V. :(

If anything more exciting happens I'll let you all know;
DDL

Comidt

The Light
IMG_3800.jpg

Daedal

Nice clear pictures... But very unfortunate though as I cannot see the actual circuit, if one does in fact exist in there.

The album you linked to is also private and requires a password ;)

Thank you;
DDL

Comidt

Oh, well, there were only like 5 more and just different angles of it.
I haven't got the right batts, when I do, I'll measure everything and let you know ;)
Jonno

Comidt

I do't know how to get the circuit out.
The LED thing is epoxed with that thermal epoxy stuff and there doesn't seemto be a way to get it out from underneath. :exclamation
So...
Any advice?
Thanks
JOnno

Daedal

Well... here is something that I would do... Start by desoldering the two leads into the LED and then use a fine-tip flathead and push it under the LED, and it helps to have the module attached somewhere for a better grip. Brace yourself and push hard, but being smart about where you push and being careful. I would also use a hammer and gently tapping the edge of the LED to try and pull it out of there, again making sure not to hit too hard or in the wrong place. Be patient and stay cool. The longer it takes you the better, and the cleaner work you would get... especially when trying to pull something like this that is epoxied.

Also, look at it from all angles, everywhere, I'm sure there is a way to pull the LED mount out without detaching it, maybe there is a groove in the casing? But definitely start by detaching the leads from the LED. You don't want to ruin the drive circuit in the process... ;)

GL;
DDL