Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

best cheap laser?

hey all I'm looking for a strong cheap laser for a friend of mine. A long time ago i bought such a laser for around $15, they were being recommended around here at the time. I'd like to find that laser again or a similar one, if i remember right they were putting out around 50mw. Its a litter shorter and fatter than the pen style hosts and i think it came from a site with china in the name but i may be wrong.

thanks for the input

I may have found it here

http://www.lazerpoint.com/p-xx-850-50mw-532nm-500m-green-laser-pointer-torch-black_7479950

it says xx-850 on the body anyway

Last edited:

Sambo

Have you checked out the site reviews on the net? Looks like they're just crappy lasers (that is if you ever get it). I just clicked the very first google link here. Chances are if you buy from them, the lasers will be totally under-spec.

You should give DealExtreme a try, thats where I bought my most recent laser, but not recommended for fast shipping, expect a month or more with them!

I remember a thread that had trusted companies, cheap companies and bad companies but can't find it. But I think you should shop elsewhere.:)

8 ball

Also not forgetting that it will most likely not have an IR filter at that price.
Thats a bit risky :)