Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best battery for 2 or 1.5 watt blue laser?

ExLaserSquad

Hello so i have a laser that is 1.5 or 2 watt the seller did give batteries in charger in the case but they seem cheap especially batteries are crap honestly any good brand for the batteries?and the charger matters or it does not?or i have to get a new charger also?u guys know how these chinese sellers are so i doubt the charger is of good quality lol

ExLaserSquad

its 16340 and this one is hard to find so can u tell me any good brand name?or give me a link where i can buy it?awt efest there are alot which one is the best?should i use the stock charger that the seller provided can it damage the battery?

ExLaserSquad

About 700 mAh is top of the line in capacity for any 16340 battery. Since yours isn't needing a high drain battery, these should be fine. I buy most of my batteries from liionwholesale.com, but they don't carry 16340s last time I looked.

ExLaserSquad

About 700 mAh is top of the line in capacity for any 16340 battery. Since yours isn't needing a high drain battery, these should be fine. I buy most of my batteries from liionwholesale.com, but they don't carry 16340s last time I looked.
well i know maybe but are they really 700 mAh?these sites are trusted right?i should order that keeppower protected battery then if they are :) please do confirm that lol i just dont really want a bad battery is keep power good brand?i dont know really know about them honestly idk much about batteries and the charger that chinese seller provided?can i use it or i need new one?as idk when the battery even full charge i guess i mean i am not really sure...because that charge just has 1 blip so i cant be sure when its fully charged lol

ExLaserSquad

Efest imren nitecore xtar which brand is best lol i kinda liked keeppower cause they were protected batteries and 700mAh are they good?

Encap

Efest imren nitecore xtar which brand is best lol i kinda liked keeppower cause they were protected batteries and 700mAh are they good?

You can use what you have as long as it works/runs the laser but good quality premium battery should give maximum run time between charges--the Keepower is fine, get that one then.

The chargers that come with low cost lasers usually have an led that goes for red/uncharged, to orange , to fully green charged---not sure what you have but they work unless you want an expensive one for multiple batteries at same time and/or w. digital charge voltage readouts for whatever reasons.

Yeah, I wouldn't say they are difficult to find. Just don't buy any battery that is XXXfire. That is ultrafire, trustfire, etc. These are the most notable counterfeits

ExLaserSquad

You can use what you have as long as it works/runs the laser but good quality premium battery should give maximum run time between charges--the Keepower is fine, get that one then.

The chargers that come with low cost lasers usually have an led that goes for red/uncharged, to orange , to fully green charged---not sure what you have but they work unless you want an expensive one for multiple batteries at same time and/or w. digital charge voltage readouts for whatever reasons.
Alright :) ill go for that one thanks https://www.illumn.com/batteries-ch...wer-700mah-icr16340-protected-button-top.html is this one battery if i add 1 in cart or its a pair?Be careful, they are not 16340 but something like 16360... So you can't use them in a Billet Box just saw that in review can actually use these batteries with lasers?as it supports 16340 battery and those keeppower one are lithium ion once right?

Last edited:

GSS

It is only for 1 battery and lithium.
I'm not sure where you got the size 16360 from? if it's from the sellers quoted dimensions, it probably because its a "protected" cell and is a few mm longer.
If it were me I would order the Efest 16340 that sight has. Sometimes but "not" always a protected battery has fitting issue's in the laser host. Length wise and a tiny bit width wise. Just a thought.

Last edited:

ExLaserSquad

well if it does not fit it will be bad although i am sure the seller gave cheap cells will it fit?cause i think even the cells seller provided fully fits there is not really any space i guess in it maybe i should go for efest then...https://www.imrbatteries.com/efest-16340-700mah-button-top-battery/ they said battery should only be used in protected battery pack umm whats that?

Encap

The Illumination Supply web site says the dimensions are 16.70 mm (D) x 35.60mm (L) so as GSS said above is a little bit longer.
It is little fatter by 0.7mm and 1.6mm longer making is a 356 instead of 340 because of the protection circuit and button top.

Nobody knows what laser you have but should be OK in most applications where exact 34.0mm length is not critical.
You can check you laser's battery compartment ---measure the length of batteries you have put them in the laser and see if you have room for 2 that are 35.6mm long. Usually exact length is not that critical as a spring contact at either or both ends will have that much play and if not then choose a different 16340.

Reactions: GSS