Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best 2-300mw laser around $700?

Any suggestions welcome.

At the moment an Opto RPL 200mw looks about the best. Undecided whether to go the adjustable/non-adjustable route if I g for an RPL.

But any other options considered.

Cheers

Get the RPL-225, you can get it for $711 with our 7.5% LPF forum discount.

Johnny_C said:
Any suggestions welcome.  

At the moment an Opto RPL 200mw looks about the best. Undecided whether to go the adjustable/non-adjustable route if I g for an RPL.

But any other options considered.

Cheers
Hi Johnny,
Most people choose the adjustable version as it allows you to "tune" diode current to get the maximum output without over-saturating the diode, it also allows you to use it at a much lower power output if you choose; however, the non-adjust has a key lock and is easier to use.

Our RPL line also come with a standard 12 month warranty and the option to upgrade to higher power levels in future through our upgrade program. The RPL-200 also includes a free 8-10mW pointer. If you go with an RPL-225 as many customers do, then the free pointer is upgraded to a +30mW.

Thanks
Jack

I forgot to add, I think you should get the adjustable cap too, you can change the power to whatever you want so you can save battery life and like Jack said, to get the most power out without over saturating the crystals.

I'll have some Prometheus 300mW+ (RPL-style lasers) in shortly. Price will be roughly around $700. PM me if interested ;)

About the tailcap, when I first set out to buy an RPL it seemed like an obvious choice - either you can change power, or you can't... duh! I've since come to love the non-adjustable caps. The adjustable cap is a must if you need to change output power, but I rarely if ever need to do this. The disadvantage is they come with a crappy key that will break/get lost very easily. Personally, I carry around a jewellers screwdriver instead of the key for the adjustable endcap, it works much better. Its just a bit of a hassle though. When I just want a simple on/off (pretty much all of the time), the non-adjust tailcap is much more convenient. The keys are actually useful, and its just an all around easier to use setup.

Also, if you are still uncertain, I can sell you a unit with both tailcaps for (+$25) and if you buy from Jack/optotronics I think they may still offer a similar and even cheaper deal for additional tailcaps.

diachi

Go with the RPL or the Prometheus, they are both the same.

BTW psuedo on your youtube channel are those videos of an RPL 300 or are they your prometheus 300 ?

Diachi

Diachi said:

BTW psuedo on your youtube channel are those videos of an RPL 300 or are they your prometheus 300 ?

Diachi
I'm pretty sure that is his RPL-300 because that video is pretty old.

daguin

SunInThyHands532 said:
Try going to wickedlasers . com
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diachi said:

Diachi

Its both, hehe. Technically I bought it under the name "RPL" a loong time ago, however the RPL and Prometheus lasers are one in the same other than the name you call it by. Point is it honestly doesn't matter. Jack and I even use very similar testing methods and test equipment so for all extents and purposes you can think of an RPL 300 as a Prometheus 300 and vice versa.

Okay okay, fine, you want a simple answer to your question?! I admit it, its an RPL! ...jerk :p

vcw

pseudonomen137 said:
I'll have some Prometheus 300mW+ (RPL-style lasers) in shortly. Price will be roughly around $700. PM me if interested  ;)
Price lower than in your thread?

diachi

Hey hey psuedo, calm down ! the Viper 125 and X125 are both the same lasers, they are both from CNI, but Id go with the X125 if I had to pick, because the price is lower , and im a cheapskate that way, so if I had to get an RPL or a Prometheus I would pcik the prometheus, simply because its easier for me :p