Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Been around awhile, but haven't officially introduced myself.

awlego

Hey I've been a member for a while now and have been reading the forums for a while before that, but have never formally introduced myself...

My family currently resides in Chicago (moving to Denver next year though :D )
but I will be attending Caltech (California Institute of Technology) starting this fall. Can't wait to see what kind of lasers they have!

I have loved lasers ever since I first saw a cheap little red key chain pointer from one of my friends. Since then I purchased a 5mW green pointer online and then just this past year have been building my own. So far I've built a couple green builds, a couple PHR builds, and my own RGV not unlike sightfx's white fusion kit. I hope to soon make a 445nm to add to my collection. As for build style, I personally am a fan of flashlight hosts (although my project box RGV is pretty sweet) and like higher power lasers not for burning purposes, but because I love seeing the actual beams of the lasers.

Going to Caltech may be a hint, but not only do I enjoy the building of various lasers as well as the end products, but the actual science behind how everything works fascinates me. It's a win-win --- I love the actual lasers and I love the science behind them!

Drop me a PM or visitor message or reply... I love to talk lasers.
Thanks for the awesome forum! :thanks:

-Alex

aryntha

Hey awlego. I'm right outside of Denver, but looks like you'll be busy in California. (I may try to arrange a Laser Meet on some land that I own, so that we can fire off whatever we want - more on that later :) ) - But welcome to the forum, and looks like you've already got a good start to your collection!

Welcome, seems like you're already addicted like the rest of us so settle in, welcome home. :)