Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam Expander Help

mdbourg98

Does anybody know the specifications on the threading for the Sanwu Lasers 3x beam expander, and the threading for the star caps used by say, the cheap 303, or gatling style lasers? A friend wants to try and make an adapter between them for me as a test for his new lathe.

Sanwu Lasers: "X3 Beam Expander" = M11.4x0.5mm - SanwuLasers Product Page

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'd like to know that as well. But I've noticed that the threads vary. I have two different ones for two different 303 models.

mdbourg98

I'd like to know that as well. But I've noticed that the threads vary. I have two different ones for two different 303 models.
If I get any solid info for known sellers, I'll be sure to let y'all know. Between me and 2 friends we have 7 303s between us from 5 separate sellers and 3 "gatling" type ones from 3 sellers. So far I've only noticed 2 threads common for the "Caps" (5/7 303s and 2/3 gatlings have the same threads) and The 3x Beam Expander seems pretty standardized, but different from both cap types. Worst case I'll end up putting the money into a good thread gauge set and figuring it out myself. I'm thinking the separation is between metric and standard units, but may be completely wrong there.

Sanwu Lasers: "X3 Beam Expander" = M11.4x0.5mm - SanwuLasers Product Page

Last edited: